User Password Expiry

Is there any way to query a user object within the Active Directory to
ascertain when the password will expire or the current password history to
predict when users will be required to change their passwords - we are
working on a project at the moment that requires this information to move
forward with our chosen Group Policy structure

Hi Ross, this might help, our programmers were able to modify the script to
obtain the reports we wanted. I'm sure it could help.

http://www.rlmueller.net/freecode4.htm

"Ross Bale" wrote:

> Is there any way to query a user object within the Active Directory to
> ascertain when the password will expire or the current password history to
> predict when users will be required to change their passwords - we are
> working on a project at the moment that requires this information to move
> forward with our chosen Group Policy structure

Long Form: You need to look at the password policy of the domain which is stored
in the Domain NC object. Then you need to compare that, the current date, and
the pwdLastSet attribute on the user object.

Short form you can look at tools like findexpacc available at www.joeware.net.

www.joeware.net