Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

DC Not replicating after being shutdown for a while

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
Anonymous
May 10, 2005 12:38:10 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory (More info?)

Need help. One of my DC's has been down for more than a month, we need to
power up that dc. The problem is that he is not able to replicate with the
other ones. I heard that if a DC was down for more than a period of time,
there is some registry changes that need to be done.

Does anybody have a clue ??

Thank you

More about : replicating shutdown

Anonymous
May 10, 2005 2:28:07 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory (More info?)

You will probably need to use Netdom to reset the secure channel between
this DC and the other ones. Most likely the computer account is now out of
date. What errors do you get during replication?

--
Scott Harding
MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+
Microsoft MVP - Windows NT Server

"Jose Abitbi" <JoseAbitbi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:102640B6-AF94-46A3-B037-4F99D2C03275@microsoft.com...
> Need help. One of my DC's has been down for more than a month, we need to
> power up that dc. The problem is that he is not able to replicate with the
> other ones. I heard that if a DC was down for more than a period of time,
> there is some registry changes that need to be done.
>
> Does anybody have a clue ??
>
> Thank you
Anonymous
May 10, 2005 4:06:01 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory (More info?)

I get the error 1126 and 1311 in my event viewer in the Directory services tab.


"Scott Harding" wrote:

> You will probably need to use Netdom to reset the secure channel between
> this DC and the other ones. Most likely the computer account is now out of
> date. What errors do you get during replication?
>
> --
> Scott Harding
> MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+
> Microsoft MVP - Windows NT Server
>
> "Jose Abitbi" <JoseAbitbi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:102640B6-AF94-46A3-B037-4F99D2C03275@microsoft.com...
> > Need help. One of my DC's has been down for more than a month, we need to
> > power up that dc. The problem is that he is not able to replicate with the
> > other ones. I heard that if a DC was down for more than a period of time,
> > there is some registry changes that need to be done.
> >
> > Does anybody have a clue ??
> >
> > Thank you
>
>
>
Anonymous
May 11, 2005 1:58:52 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory (More info?)

"Jose Abitbi" <JoseAbitbi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:14A67B23-A429-47F9-8348-B3682302F5D4@microsoft.com...
> I get the error 1126 and 1311 in my event viewer in the Directory services
tab.

If you have reach tombstone lifetime without replicating
(60 days) then the DC should NEVER again be replicated
and will refuse to do so.

You are likely best off doing what I term a "DCPromo cycle":
DCPromo to non-DC, then (optionally) DCPromo back to a
(new) DC.

You will likely need to use the DCPromo /ForceRemoval switch,
and afterward perform an NTDSUtil "metadata cleanup".


NTDS metadata cleanup

Search Google for:

[ NTDS "metadata cleanup" remove DC Domain ]

No need to add either site:microsoft.com OR microsoft:
since the NTDS and other terms make it Microsoft specific
by itself.

Unless you WISH to restrict answers to the site:microsoft.com
for some reason.

[ NTDS "metadata cleanup" remove DC Domain site:microsoft.com ]

Key points to NOTE when doing the metadata cleanup:

You CONNECT to a WORKING DC.
You SELECT the missing/dead DC or DOMAIN

'Connect' and 'Select' are technical terms in this context.


--
Herb Martin, MCSE, MVP
Accelerated MCSE
http://www.LearnQuick.Com
[phone number on web site]

"Jose Abitbi" <JoseAbitbi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:14A67B23-A429-47F9-8348-B3682302F5D4@microsoft.com...
> I get the error 1126 and 1311 in my event viewer in the Directory services
tab.
>
>
> "Scott Harding" wrote:
>
> > You will probably need to use Netdom to reset the secure channel between
> > this DC and the other ones. Most likely the computer account is now out
of
> > date. What errors do you get during replication?
> >
> > --
> > Scott Harding
> > MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+
> > Microsoft MVP - Windows NT Server
> >
> > "Jose Abitbi" <JoseAbitbi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:102640B6-AF94-46A3-B037-4F99D2C03275@microsoft.com...
> > > Need help. One of my DC's has been down for more than a month, we need
to
> > > power up that dc. The problem is that he is not able to replicate with
the
> > > other ones. I heard that if a DC was down for more than a period of
time,
> > > there is some registry changes that need to be done.
> > >
> > > Does anybody have a clue ??
> > >
> > > Thank you
> >
> >
> >
!