Netscorpion

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2005
Hi guys,

I took some time writing an article about the male vs. female gamer discussion and I would like to get it posted. Does anyone know what to do to get it posten on thg? I *had* planned to publish it on game-vixen.com, though the site seems pretty much down...

Thanks in advance!

Netscorpion

pauldh

Illustrious
No offense here either, but I'm with Riser. I don't read those articles when THG posts their own. Maybe try a game site.

<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=658042" target="_new">3DMark05</A> <A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=3781954" target="_new">3DMark03</A>

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
Oh fantastic. An article about male vs female gamers. Why only last night I was pondering that question and given my lack of literary skill I was hoping against hope that someone on TomsH.A.R.D.W.A.R.E would post it. Now my prayers have been answered and I hope all the questions and thoughts I have will be addressed and answered.

Or more bluntly this really isn't the site for it. I mean who cares about your proposed article? It's a blatent waste of your life. You could die at any moment!!!!! Don't waste it by writing an article that will be poorly written and definitely not backed up with valid and extensive research and study results and if you insist on getting it posted on the net then find a gaming website to post it on. Not a site dedicated to HARDWARE. I mean, how credible is an author who tries to get gaming related material published on a hardware website?

I'll stop now.

"Its only when you look at ants closely with a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames"

Aaron McKenna

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Don't forget TwitchGuru is launching shortly, and whilst I've read one two many female gamer articles this month (it's all my fault for kicking it off anyways, sorry...) a pitch is a pitch.

BigMac

Splendid
Nov 25, 2003
The man just asked some advice on where to get his paper published. He didn't say he was hoping to put it away at Tom's.

Now as to why he would ask for advice regarding this matter on a hardware forum, beats me, but give'm some credit.

BigMac

<font color=green>(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(")your signature to help him gain world domination.</font color=green>

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
Firstly the OP asks "Does anyone know what to do to get it posten on thg?". Seems like he wants to post it here from what I can see and to be honest I don't really care. If he does get it posted I won't be reading it as I would consider the calorie expenditure to click on the link as a waste of energy.

Secondly, nope. Wolfy doesn't give credit or little gold stars either. I find being blatently rude a much more agreeable way to make me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. :eek:)

"Its only when you look at ants closely with a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames"

dhlucke

Polypheme
I'd like to see an article about female midget gamers.

<font color=red><b>Long live Dhanity and the minions scouring the depths of Wingdingium!</b>

XxxxX
(='.'=)
(")_(") Bow down before King Bunny

riser

Illustrious
Don't waste it by writing an article that will be poorly written and definitely not backed up with valid and extensive research and study results

I kept away from slamming an article I haven't read, nor did I question the author's ability to write a well written article. You shouldn't assume things, or go around bashing on something you haven't read.
The person only wants to post it here, at which point stating it's not the place for it would suffice, instead of bashing the work of the author.

Next time, think about what you're trying to convey to someone, instead of bashing on them - 'definitely not backed up with valid and extensive research.' (Quoting you..)

:)

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
I shall bash who I like and while to assume makes an ass out of you and me I'm happy to stand by my conviction that said supposed article will be poorly written and poorly researched.

Following on from Dhluckes request I want an article on whether or not it's possible to teach a female monkey to play CS:S with her/its (?) feet.

mumra

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2005
this is like filthy rich cattle drive, without the filthy rich and the cattle.

"Repetitive to the point of tedium"

BigMac

Splendid
Nov 25, 2003
Secondly, nope. Wolfy doesn't give credit or little gold stars either. I find being blatently rude a much more agreeable way to make me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. :eek:)

You should come over to the other more often then. You'd feel at home there, after being taken from behind by Wingy. In fact I can't think of anything else making your more warm and fuzzy on the inside.

BigMac

<font color=green>(\__/)

BigMac

Splendid
Nov 25, 2003
What is it with you and midgets?

BigMac

<font color=green>(\__/)

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
Why, do you like to picture that?

BigMac

Splendid
Nov 25, 2003
Don't ask me, ask DH. He's bringing up midgets all of the time. Maybe he's one? That would explain a lot of things...

BigMac

<font color=green>(\__/)

riser

Illustrious
A couple years back you could rent midgets out of Detroit.

They had a midget stripper, a drunk, 2 comedians, and a couple you could throw.

Total cost for one night? $1,000.

We tried to rent them for a group birthday party but they were booked.

Midget tossing has since been banned in Florida.

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
Male midget stripper.

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
roffle