Give your orders mod, pro and con

I really like the give your orders mod, but I noticed a couple of
oddities:

1) When I ask certain people to follow me they sometimes suddenly die
for no obvious reason, not right away, but if I walk them through the
wrong door. One example - I had a Telvanni guard follow me to the
Sadrith Mora Mages Guild, and when he walked in there he died. I tried
again, this time having a Telvanni guard follow me all the way to
Balmora via ship and silt strider, and no problem. Walked him into my
house, no problem. When I asked him to follow me outside again, he
suddenly died on my doorstep. Weird.

2) When I was promoted to Operative of the Blades, I should have been
able to command Caius, but he refused to cooperate.

3) I still can't command slaves, not even after I free them.

4) As Nerevarine, shouldn't I be able to command even the tribal
ashkans? I am war leader, after all.

Generally, I really love the mod. I used it to bring a couple of
Telvanni guards to guard my Balmora mansion (another mod), and I
convinced a couple of Mage guild mages to come live with me. Now my
house isn't so lonely and empty. :) I can rustle up a helpful
companion to travel with and fight beside me fairly easily now.

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 13:51:30 -0400, ToolPackinMama
<laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:

> I really like the give your orders mod, but I noticed a couple of
> oddities:

> 2) When I was promoted to Operative of the Blades, I should have been
> able to command Caius, but he refused to cooperate.

At least that is not weird at all. Caius still is 4 ranks higher than
an Operative.

> 4) As Nerevarine, shouldn't I be able to command even the tribal
> ashkans? I am war leader, after all.

No. Nerevarine is not a rank among the Ashlanders. Their hightest rank
is Ashkhan.

ToolPackinMama wrote:

> 1) When I ask certain people to follow me they sometimes suddenly die
> for no obvious reason, not right away, but if I walk them through the
> wrong door. One example - I had a Telvanni guard follow me to the
> Sadrith Mora Mages Guild, and when he walked in there he died. I tried
> again, this time having a Telvanni guard follow me all the way to
> Balmora via ship and silt strider, and no problem. Walked him into my
> house, no problem. When I asked him to follow me outside again, he
> suddenly died on my doorstep. Weird.

That's a bug in Morrowind, not a problem of the mod. A solution is quite
simple: Edit the mod and remove slowfall from the abilities ordered NPCs
get when in follow mode. NPCs with slowfall active die when walking
through some doors. Doesn't happen with all doors, though. Removing
their slowfall fixes the issue.

There is a mod which fixes the doors, but it doesn't fix *all* doors so
NPCs still die. And slowfall is pretty useless anyways.

> 2) When I was promoted to Operative of the Blades, I should have been
> able to command Caius, but he refused to cooperate.

Caius is Spymaster, if I remember right. That's way above Operative.

> 3) I still can't command slaves, not even after I free them.

You might have another mod which modifies slaveScript loaded?

> 4) As Nerevarine, shouldn't I be able to command even the tribal
> ashkans? I am war leader, after all.

Arn't you still Hearthfriend even as Nerevarine? I don't remember
exactly. But Hearthfriend is about same level as their guars. :*)

Peter

Peter Strempel wrote:

> That's a bug in Morrowind, not a problem of the mod. A solution is quite
> simple: Edit the mod and remove slowfall from the abilities ordered NPCs
> get when in follow mode. NPCs with slowfall active die when walking
> through some doors. Doesn't happen with all doors, though. Removing
> their slowfall fixes the issue.

Whhhaaaat!? That is so weird!

sarah

"ToolPackinMama" <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote in message

> Generally, I really love the mod. I used it to bring a couple of
> Telvanni guards to guard my Balmora mansion (another mod), and I
> convinced a couple of Mage guild mages to come live with me.

Oh, that sounds cool. I'd love to have someone to come home to after a hard
day of being a hero. :)