SLi Compatibility

ConsciousTech

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2006
So I know the compatibility between cards cross-board wise like an ATI + nVidia is limited. And that it can still be done.

I however have not heard much about the indifferences between Manufacturer specific cards. Recently I ran across a small snippet of information regarding this. Supposedly if I were to install an MSI 7600 GS into a board and then follow that with a EVGA 7600 GS they wouldn't work together right off the bat.

I've done enough research to know how to get the ATI and nVidia card to work together (somewhat). However I don't see why the steps would be as tedious for the same model card; regardless of Mfc.

Anyone with a link for a How-to guide on getting diff Mfc. same model cards to work together would answer my questions in a snap. Thanks in advance.

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006
You can use a MSI 7600GS and an EVGA 7600GS in SLI no problem thanks to Forceware release 80. You can use an ATI card and Nvidia card together for multiple displays, but they won't receive any sort of performance increase in games.