JHDave

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
Does anyone know when Turion X2 processors are going to be more widely available? Also, are the Turion X2 processors going to be compatible with any desktop motherboards? I'm really curious to see how Turion X2 compares to Core Duo on the desktop, especially since Turion X2 is 64-bit and will have a much better upgrade potential if it is compatible with Socket AM2. I want to make a low power consumption Turion X2 system, and would like to hear from anyone who might have some experience with that.

cherrion

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2006
I doubt it will be AM2 compatible. Core Duo is much better anyway. I cant see any Turioon X2 desktop motherboards being released. sorry.

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
Does anyone know when Turion X2 processors are going to be more widely available? Also, are the Turion X2 processors going to be compatible with any desktop motherboards? I'm really curious to see how Turion X2 compares to Core Duo on the desktop, especially since Turion X2 is 64-bit and will have a much better upgrade potential if it is compatible with Socket AM2. I want to make a low power consumption Turion X2 system, and would like to hear from anyone who might have some experience with that.

Turion might end upon the desktop but it a separate socket frm AM2. HP has a few models as do MSI and a few others. The Ferrari laptop is getting Turion X2 also. I think it wold be comparableto Core Duo. Early single channel benches show good results. I haven't seen any dual channel tests yet.

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001

Turion might end upon the desktop but it a separate socket frm AM2. HP has a few models as do MSI and a few others. The Ferrari laptop is getting Turion X2 also. I think it wold be comparableto Core Duo. Early single channel benches show good results. I haven't seen any dual channel tests yet.

Poser.
You Think Something Doesn't Mean It's Right Tard!

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005

Poser.

You should never have started with a person who lives for conflict. Strife and struggle are my best friend.

xsandman

Distinguished
May 26, 2006

Interesting..... I was pretty sure all of the F1 teams use Intel laptops for the races, including the ferrari team. Isn't the ferrari team sponsored by AMD?

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005

Interesting..... I was pretty sure all of the F1 teams use Intel laptops for the races, including the ferrari team. Isn't the ferrari team sponsored by AMD?

Sorry, Ferrari is an ACER laptop. AMD is connected to some racing team though.

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001

Poser.

You should never have started with a person who lives for conflict. Strife and struggle are my best friend.

Ha!

Poser.
Don't Compare Lives, For I Have Suffered Much More Than Anyone Here!

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001

You mean you don't know who raceing team they are with OH MY FUCKING GOD HE DOESN'T KNOW SOMETHING!!!

*runs to bunker for impending doom is apon us all*

Poser.
Hell Just Froze Over Too!

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006

Poser.

You do not live for conflict.
Strife and struggle are not your best friends
You troll the forums for the uninformed.
You seek to spread your opinions, and in doing so, to appear intelligent.
You appear to do this to gain praise.
You seem to be seeking praise in order to bolster what appears to be a desperate lack of self esteem.
When your opinions are questioned rather than provide proof, you make claims of expertise.
When your claimed expertise is questioned, you respond by exaggerating your claims.
When your exaggerations are questioned, you respond by attempting to cloud issues.
When confronted, you argue until proven wrong.
When proven wrong, you struggle to argue (unintelligently) until proven unequivocally wrong.
When proven unequivocally wrong, you argue tangentially to evade further conflict.
You avoid further conflict to avoid confessing you are wrong. In short, you slink away like a …well, you can figure it out.

So you live for conflict? Let’s go finish this one, which you slinked out of, shall we?

http://forumz.tomshardware.com/quot-AMD-Nvidia-Beat-Business-PC-Drum-quotftopic-191157-days0-orderasc-50.html

You remember it don’t you? Where we went over why no one respects you, your lack of adherence to the scientific method, your lack of evidence supporting your claims of expertise, your tangential evasion tactics, etc. etc. etc.

hella-d

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2006
Turion X2 Is Planned For Socket 939 Witch Will Replace Socket 754 In (Most) Of The Current Laptops So, Besides A Lower Core Voltage Im Pretty Sure It Would Work In A Desktop Socket 939 Motherboard Even At A Higher Voltage (Mabey Some Nice Overclocks?)

skorpios

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006

Poser.

You seem to be seeking praise in order to bolster what appears to be a desperate lack of self esteem.
When your opinions are questioned rather than provide proof, you make claims of expertise.
When your claimed expertise is questioned, you respond by exaggerating your claims.
When your exaggerations are questioned, you respond by attempting to cloud issues.
When proven wrong, you struggle to argue (unintelligently) until proven unequivocally wrong.
When proven unequivocally wrong, you argue tangentially to evade further conflict.
You avoid further conflict to avoid confessing you are wrong. In short, you slink away like a …well, you can figure it out.

So you live for conflict? Let’s go finish this one, which you slinked out of, shall we?

http://forumz.tomshardware.com/quot-AMD-Nvidia-Beat-Business-PC-Drum-quotftopic-191157-days0-orderasc-50.html

You remember it don’t you? Where we went over why no one respects you, your lack of adherence to the scientific method, your lack of evidence supporting your claims of expertise, your tangential evasion tactics, etc. etc. etc.

:twisted: Pwnd

BaronMatrix is a waste of bandwidth. Terminate Connection.

hella-d

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2006
Well, Well, Well, Looks Like I Stand Corrected... And If They Are Right About Possible Desktop Vari
ations, Count Me In As Interested... Duely Noted

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005

Poser.

I would say that since my post count is around 1600 - increasing greatly in the last few weeks - I'm not running far from posts.

Once in Physics lab I ran a mental simulation of a marble rolling down a ramp and hitting the ground My simulation was within millimeters - closer than any calculation done. Even mine.

Pretty cool, huhn?

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001

Poser.

Word.

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001

Poser.

I would say that since my post count is around 1600 - increasing greatly in the last few weeks - I'm not running far from posts.

Once in Physics lab I ran a mental simulation of a marble rolling down a ramp and hitting the ground My simulation was within millimeters - closer than any calculation done. Even mine.

Pretty cool, huhn?

Poser.
Now What The Fuck Are You Talking About!

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006

Poser.

Pretty cool, huhn?

Again, you fail to read.
Again, you fail to grasp.
I did not say you run away from posting. I said you slink away from arguments you have lost, in order to avoid admitting you're wrong.
Clearly you do not run away from posting.
You continue to post endlessly in response questions from the less informed (trolling) in order to project an image of intellectual superiority
Clearly, through your own statement
I would say that since my post count is around 1600
you post just a fast as your fingers can type.
Clearly, and again, you cannot read (which we have established many times over), as your post count, at this precise moment, is 1501, not "about" 1600.
Clearly, if you think 1600, is "about" 1501, you have do not have a clear idea of what "about" is. 99 or 6.2% fewer posts than you claim to have is not "about".
Clearly, this disproves your ability to:
....ran a mental simulation of a marble rolling down a ramp and hitting the ground My simulation was within millimeters - closer than any calculation done. Even mine
as your ability to estimate is obviously flawed.
Clearly, you are trying to appear "superior" by making a false statement (1600 vs 1501) to enhance your stature.
Clearly, you are trying to appear "superior" by implying that a higher post count imbues the posters opinion and /or the actual post with added value. (by the way, it does no such thing)
Clearly, you have some deep seated need to feel you have value.
Again, based on your modus operandi, I suspect you suffer from severe lack of self esteem.

And again, I invite you here:

to resume that "conflict".

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
as your ability to estimate is obviously flawed.
Clearly, you are trying to appear "superior" by making a false statement (1600 vs 1501) to enhance your stature.
Clearly, you are trying to appear "superior" by implying that a higher post count imbues the posters opinion and /or the actual post with added value. (by the way, it does no such thing)
Clearly, you have some deep seated need to feel you have value.
Again, based on your modus operandi, I suspect you suffer from severe lack of self esteem.

And again, I invite you here:

http://forumz.tomshardware.com/quot-AMD-Nvidia-Beat-Business-PC-Drum-q...ftopic-

to resume that "conflict".

See you there. nVidia believes in it an dI have a very sturdy nVidia chipset so I believe in it.

xsandman

Distinguished
May 26, 2006

I knew there was one team that was AMD sponsored, but i have seen an article stating that all the F1 teams are using Intel CPUs, including the AMD sponsored racing team.