Workstations need to be rejoined to the Domain constantly

Dear experts~

I am several workstations running Windows XP SP2 that would need to be
Re-joined to the Domain constantly using local administrator login in order
for users to log in in the Domain. I have no clue of what's going on. Does
anyone have any idea on this?

Thank you very much~~~

Annie

Expand AllCollapse All
1 answer Last reply
More about workstations rejoined domain constantly

    Did you clone the machines (i.e. with Symantec Ghost or Powerquest Drive
    Image Pro)? If so, you need to be sure you use Microsoft's Sysprep,
    Symantec's GhostWalk, or something similar to ensure that each computer gets
    a unique SID. If you have duplicate SIDs, then they'll have trouble
    operating in the same domain. The computers have an account with a password,
    just like user accounts. And with duplicate SIDs, all of the computers may
    be trying the same machine account to connect to the domain. Only one of the
    computers will have the correct account password, and all of the others will
    tell you that "the computer account in the domain is missing or the password
    on that account is incorrect".

    "Annie" wrote:

    > Dear experts~
    >
    > I am several workstations running Windows XP SP2 that would need to be
    > Re-joined to the Domain constantly using local administrator login in order
    > for users to log in in the Domain. I have no clue of what's going on. Does
    > anyone have any idea on this?
    >
    > Thank you very much~~~
    >
    > Annie
    >

    > Expand AllCollapse All

Domain Workstations Active Directory Windows