Active Directory Sites and Services

Bruce

My system has created a site all by itself. It appears as:

duluth
CNF:a69f61f4-214c-422c-a05d-f9261cea4d1e

Does anyone know what this means?

That is a conflict object.

It generally means that the object was created on multiple DCs within the
replication convergence period.

i.e. You create the duluth site on DC1 and DC2 before either one has replicated
with the other.

You will need to look at both objects, figure out which one is being used (has
subnets linked to it and DCs listed in it) if either, then delete one. With luck
you delete the CNF one, if not, have two choices, you delete the other and
rename the CNF one or you move the resources from the CNF one to the non-CNF one
and then delete the CNF one.

www.joeware.net