Remote Procedure Call Failed to Execute

I have 1 forest, 1 domain, adn 3 windows 2003 DC in 3 Seperate Sites
(DC-A, DC-B, DC-C). These sites are connected via high speed lines,
netopia routers and VPN. DC-A holds the master roles for the domain.
Primary DNS on DC-A is pointed to itself. Primary DNS for DC-B and DC-C
are pointing to DC-A(the master). My workstation is located in Site A
and on the same lan as DC-A. Everything has run fine for years.
Suddenly in the last few days the RPC service is failing on DC-B and
thus replication is failing as seen when I run replmon or repadmin
/showreps. The error is "The Remote Procedure Call failed". Other
symptoms are I am unable to open the C:/ drive on DC-B from my
workstation using "\\DC-B\c$" or "\\IP Address\C$" I am a domain admin
and have rights. I can ping DC-B and telnet to the router located at
site B. Another symptom has to do with our OWA(web mail). Site B has an
Exchange server for those users but we have a front end server for Web
mail located at Site A. The user at Site B are no longer to access
there web mail but the user at site A are.

I have rebooted DC-2 and it fixes the problem for a day but then the
RPC fails again in the middle of the night.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
2 answers Last reply
More about remote procedure call failed execute

    This is a regression in MS05-019
    You need to call MS open a (free) case and get the hotfix KB898060
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/898060/

    --
    Glenn L
    CCNA, MCSE 2000/2003 + Security

    "Alpine7" <darren@datashock.com> wrote in message
    >I have 1 forest, 1 domain, adn 3 windows 2003 DC in 3 Seperate Sites
    > (DC-A, DC-B, DC-C). These sites are connected via high speed lines,
    > netopia routers and VPN. DC-A holds the master roles for the domain.
    > Primary DNS on DC-A is pointed to itself. Primary DNS for DC-B and DC-C
    > are pointing to DC-A(the master). My workstation is located in Site A
    > and on the same lan as DC-A. Everything has run fine for years.
    > Suddenly in the last few days the RPC service is failing on DC-B and
    > thus replication is failing as seen when I run replmon or repadmin
    > /showreps. The error is "The Remote Procedure Call failed". Other
    > symptoms are I am unable to open the C:/ drive on DC-B from my
    > workstation using "\\DC-B\c$" or "\\IP Address\C$" I am a domain admin
    > and have rights. I can ping DC-B and telnet to the router located at
    > site B. Another symptom has to do with our OWA(web mail). Site B has an
    > Exchange server for those users but we have a front end server for Web
    > mail located at Site A. The user at Site B are no longer to access
    > there web mail but the user at site A are.
    >
    > I have rebooted DC-2 and it fixes the problem for a day but then the
    > RPC fails again in the middle of the night.

    Thanks Glenn, This sounds like exactly what I was looking for. I failed
    to mention that the problem did start a few days after I loaded SP1 for
    windows server 2003
    You Rock.

Windows