Query Based Distribution Groups: Creation Wizard Error

Hello,
My group creation menus in AD (W2K3) menus all work fine except when I try
to create a Query Based Distribution Group.
The error I get is:

"A creation wizard for this object type could not be found. A generic
creation wizard will be used instead. The object that is created may not be
useful to the application that normally creates these objects."

Nothing shows up in any of the event logs for this error so I am limited to
where I can research the problem.

Is there anything that I need to enable to get this working, as I have lost
some functionality and flexibility in setting up these types of groups.

any help much appreciated,

cheers,
Ronnie

oops silly me (on 2 counts) ... :)

1. posted in the wrong group!

2. I was trying this on the Primary AD server and it is something that
should be done on the Exchange Server Active Directory Console as that is
where the wizard files reside.

case closed :)

"Ronnie van de Laak" wrote:

> Hello,
> My group creation menus in AD (W2K3) menus all work fine except when I try
> to create a Query Based Distribution Group.
> The error I get is:
>
> "A creation wizard for this object type could not be found. A generic
> creation wizard will be used instead. The object that is created may not be
> useful to the application that normally creates these objects."
>
> Nothing shows up in any of the event logs for this error so I am limited to
> where I can research the problem.
>
> Is there anything that I need to enable to get this working, as I have lost
> some functionality and flexibility in setting up these types of groups.
>
> any help much appreciated,
>
> cheers,
> Ronnie

TRENDING THREADS