Epson announce R2400 - the true successor to the 2100/2200

Hot off the press - R2400, UltraChrome K3 inks, plus three other new large
format Epsons announced today.

If you though the R1800 was the biz for A3+, think again...

News story at: http://dpnow.com/1789.html
8 answers Last reply
More about epson announce r2400 true successor 2100 2200

    Ian Burley wrote:
    > Hot off the press - R2400, UltraChrome K3 inks, plus three other new large
    > format Epsons announced today.
    >
    > If you though the R1800 was the biz for A3+, think again...
    >
    > News story at: http://dpnow.com/1789.html

    Looks just like a R1800

    Tim

    Same chassis, different ink system and colour rendering engine.

    Ian

    "Tim S." <tts1234@cox.net> wrote in message
    > Ian Burley wrote:
    >> Hot off the press - R2400, UltraChrome K3 inks, plus three other new
    >> large format Epsons announced today.
    >>
    >> If you though the R1800 was the biz for A3+, think again...
    >>
    >> News story at: http://dpnow.com/1789.html
    >>

    > Looks just like a R1800
    >
    > Tim

    I wonder why the R2400 inks longevity is so short? On Premium Luster Photo
    paper is 25 years, and on Velvet Fine Art paper is 45 years. Hence I suppose
    longevity on plain paper would be much lesser (may 5-10 years). This is not
    generaly "normal" for pigmented inks. Does someone know why?

    --
    Yianni
    in@mailbox9.gr (remove number nine to reply)

    On Wed, 11 May 2005 02:26:22 +0300, "Yianni" <in@mailbox9.gr> wrote:

    >I wonder why the R2400 inks longevity is so short? On Premium Luster Photo
    >paper is 25 years, and on Velvet Fine Art paper is 45 years. Hence I suppose
    >longevity on plain paper would be much lesser (may 5-10 years). This is not
    >generaly "normal" for pigmented inks. Does someone know why?

    This is because these new UltraChrome K3 inks have not been tested by
    Henry Wilhelm and Epson is conservatively estimating longevity until
    they are officially tested. I am confident that once tested by the
    Wilhelm Institute, the numbers will increase.

    Fascinating, I originally posted my message on Usenet
    (comp.periphs.printers), but this forum obviously republishes Usenet
    posts. This response is via this forum, rather than Usenet - I wonder
    if it will appear on Usenet?

    Ian

    Alas, the Usenet relationship appears to be only one-way; your posts
    to the howtofixcomputers forum won't appear on Usenet, so the
    likelihood is that the person who posted a question that ends up here
    won't see your response. :cry:

    Ian

    > Ian Burley2wrote:
    Fascinating, I originally posted my message on Usenet
    (comp.periphs.printers), but this forum obviously republishes Usenet
    posts. This response is via this forum, rather than Usenet - I wonder
    if it will appear on Usenet?

    > Ian

    Well, well -it got there in the end (from the forum back to Usenet), though
    there was a delay if several days.

    Ian (posting from Usenet)

    On Tue, 17 May 2005 10:07:47 GMT, "Ian Burley" <infoplsremove@dp-now.com>
    wrote:

    >Well, well -it got there in the end (from the forum back to Usenet), though
    >there was a delay if several days.
    >
    >Ian (top posting from Usenet)

    It's to punish you for top posting

Printers Epson Format Peripherals