Acer factory recovery disc wont work on Acer Aspire 5532

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandma pat

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
Good Morning,
I hope there is someone who can help me with the acer aspire 5532. When i turn the computer on i get the screen : setup is starting service.
Install Windows. The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows, click ok to restart the computer, and then restart the installation.
I have contacted acer they tried to help with the ALT and F12. Nothing I have tried works.. They told me to order the recovery discs for $20.00. I did , and they dont work either... I contacted them back, and now they say to send it back to them and for $199.00 plus shipping, they will repair the computer..
I do not have the money for that...
Can anyone help walk me through ? I have the the system disc, the 3 recovery disc and the language disc , that I just ordered from Acer for $20.00.
I am not computer intelligent when it comes to the "inside works" , so if someone can help me, I need step by step instructions...
I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE ANY HELP... Seems to me Acer just keeps wanting money..
Have a great day, and i will keep checking back...
Grandma Pat

tibor_g_balogh

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011
Hi,

I have an acer 5532 and love it, maybee I can help since I just about did everything to mine already, and fixed it every time...

Sounds like your hard drive has a problem and is not stable enough for the windows install or recovery operation to work, could be a nasty virus causing havick or could be hardware error of hard drive, best bet is using a secong computer, hard drive removed from acer and installed in a USB cradle or external 2.5in USB drive box recover whatever important data you might want save these first then wipe hard drive and reinstall to acer and try installing operating system again, at this point you definitaly need more than the Emergency Recovery Disk to recover after a wipe, so you need those 4-5 DVDs that Acer asked you to save it's self to when you first purchased the computer and before everything went wrong, if you don't have those disks then find a friend who has them, or, send your computer to someone who has them and fixes it for free or something... If you live near Chico CA a factory reinstall like this could be done in 2 hours, that is when I did these things a few times to my acer 5532 it took two hours before a complete restore (after-wipe) and everything was fine again, even though mine now has a dual amd TK-53 chip and 4g RAM...

I had gotten viruses (boot-block-type) that was just about impossible to get out of...

-tibor

(inditconsulting.com)

VickyCody

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012

I got an acer aspire 5532 also and I got in on the lawsuit and got the disc for a 64 bit and a 32/ mines 64 bits. I tried to install the 64 bits all I got was two folder within folder that lead to a blank folder. Below those were files that wouldn't open or lead me to an web site to download free file extrators, which don't work.

I know that my hard drive is good because my computer guy fixed it but said that the factory recovery was missing and that he got internet access working for me and the factory microsoft stuff isn't on here though and that's what these disc's were suppose to give us. I beleive that acer has really done us all in with this recovery disc thing. I pray that I'm wrong but it doesn't look like it. but if anyone can help besides wipeing the computer clean, cause I didn't get no 4 or 5 dvd's with my laptop and I bought it from best buy.

thank you so much I pray that Grandma Pat and I can get our laptops fixed. I'll let you know what I did if I get it working right. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.