Can you add a domain group to a local group via AD

Hi all,

I need to add a domain global group to alot of pc's local administrator
group. I have toyed with the net localgroup command but can't seem to get
it working, is there a way to do this apart from visit all the machines?

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about domain group local group

    On Mon, 16 May 2005 14:28:28 +0100, "ade" <noone@somewhere.net> wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >I need to add a domain global group to alot of pc's local administrator
    >group. I have toyed with the net localgroup command but can't seem to get
    >it working, is there a way to do this apart from visit all the machines?
    >
    >Thanks

    See tip 5319 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com

    In addition to what Jerold suggested ( did not look at the Tip that he give
    you ) this is a perfect example of the 'Restricted Groups' GPO. There is
    ample documentation on this. A simple google search will give you what you
    need.

    The key to doing this is to do it from a WIN2000 or WINXP Pro workstation
    that has the appropriate ADMINPAK installed.

    --
    Cary W. Shultz
    Roanoke, VA 24012

    http://www.activedirectory-win2000.com
    http://www.grouppolicy-win2000.com

    "ade" <noone@somewhere.net> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I need to add a domain global group to alot of pc's local administrator
    > group. I have toyed with the net localgroup command but can't seem to get
    > it working, is there a way to do this apart from visit all the machines?
    >
    > Thanks

    Thankyou very much chaps, thats just what I need.

    "ade" <noone@somewhere.net> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I need to add a domain global group to alot of pc's local administrator
    > group. I have toyed with the net localgroup command but can't seem to get
    > it working, is there a way to do this apart from visit all the machines?
    >
    > Thanks

Domain Active Directory Windows