moving schema master

Hello I would like to move the schema master to my exchange server, is
this a good idea, what if the server crashes, can i have two schema
masters, or can i recreate this role out of nothing? thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about moving schema master

    The schema master doesn't usually have much work to do so you can probably
    move it to any server you want although it is often a good design principle
    not to have anything but Exchange running on your Exchange servers. If the
    server crashes, you will be too busy worrying about email to do any schema
    updates!

    You cannot have more than one schema master in a forest, if the server
    crashes and has to be rebuilt, you can use ntdsutil to seize the role to
    another server. If the server crashes and can be repaired, just leave it
    alone as access to the schema master is not required for day-to-day
    operations.

    <jcharth@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hello I would like to move the schema master to my exchange server, is
    > this a good idea, what if the server crashes, can i have two schema
    > masters, or can i recreate this role out of nothing? thanks

Exchange Server Microsoft Active Directory Windows