Good RIP for Epson and Canon

Hello,

I have a Epson R800 and a Canon IP4000.
Wich RIP do you suggest me to use to produce good Color result?
Note that this RIP must act as a Drive, I mean I can select it as a printer
driver when printing, not exporting a graphic file then opening it in the
RIP.

thanks

John.
6 answers Last reply
More about good epson canon

    In message <42806f5e$0$1251$8fcfb975@news.wanadoo.fr>, John
    <prout@nospam.com> writes
    >Hello,
    >
    >I have a Epson R800 and a Canon IP4000.
    >Wich RIP do you suggest me to use to produce good Color result?
    >Note that this RIP must act as a Drive, I mean I can select it as a printer
    >driver when printing, not exporting a graphic file then opening it in the
    >RIP.

    The main company for these things seems to be EFI (www.efi.com) if you
    contact them they can put you in suggest a local dealer who will be able
    to help further.

    --
    Timothy

    "me@privacy.net" <news@Privacy.Net> wrote in message
    > In message <42806f5e$0$1251$8fcfb975@news.wanadoo.fr>, John
    > <prout@nospam.com> writes
    >>Hello,
    >>
    >>I have a Epson R800 and a Canon IP4000.
    >>Wich RIP do you suggest me to use to produce good Color result?
    >>Note that this RIP must act as a Drive, I mean I can select it as a
    >>printer
    >>driver when printing, not exporting a graphic file then opening it in the
    >>RIP.
    >
    > The main company for these things seems to be EFI (www.efi.com) if you
    > contact them they can put you in suggest a local dealer who will be able
    > to help further.
    >
    > --
    > Timothy

    what is a RIP?

    In message <428129d2$0$76016$c30e37c6@ken-reader.news.telstra.net>,
    Caitlin <caitlin_online_spamtrap@hotmail.com> writes

    >what is a RIP?

    IIRC it stands for Raster Image Processor (or something like that) they
    tend to get used by (comparatively) big machines. eg, I have a (second
    hand) Canon colour copier that weighs in at about 600lbs! Anyway, the
    RIP is a box that sits next to the photocopier and turns it into a
    printer, which is mostly what I use it for.

    --

    > In message <428129d2$0$76016$c30e37c6@ken-reader.news.telstra.net>,
    > Caitlin <caitlin_online_spamtrap@hotmail.com> writes
    >>
    >>what is a RIP?
    >>
    > IIRC it stands for Raster Image Processor (or something like that) they
    > tend to get used by (comparatively) big machines. eg, I have a (second
    > hand) Canon colour copier that weighs in at about 600lbs! Anyway, the RIP
    > is a box that sits next to the photocopier and turns it into a printer,
    > which is mostly what I use it for.
    >
    > --
    > Timothy

    For what it's worth- All printers have a RIP. Most desktop printers have a
    RIP built in. This is the processor that changes the information in your
    document into a matrix of dots that actually get placed on a page. Large
    professional printers have RIPs that reside on a separate computer, located
    either between the host computer and the printer or the network and the
    printer. Some (low-end) modern printers use the same engine that creates
    graphics on you screen as a RIP, these are the so-called "Windows Printers"
    or "GDI printers". Regardless of where it's done, printers need a processor
    to convert document information into dots.

    thanks for your reply, it seems that they support professional printer not
    classic ones.

    try www.iproofsystems.com - they specialize in Epson and I'm pretty sure
    they have some RIPs for Canons and HPs.

    "John" <prout@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a Epson R800 and a Canon IP4000.
    > Wich RIP do you suggest me to use to produce good Color result?
    > Note that this RIP must act as a Drive, I mean I can select it as a
    printer
    > driver when printing, not exporting a graphic file then opening it in the
    > RIP.
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > John.

Printers Epson Canon Peripherals