Good RIP for Epson and Canon

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
May 10, 2005 2:22:54 PM

Hello,

I have a Epson R800 and a Canon IP4000.
Wich RIP do you suggest me to use to produce good Color result?
Note that this RIP must act as a Drive, I mean I can select it as a printer
driver when printing, not exporting a graphic file then opening it in the
RIP.

thanks

John.

More about : good rip epson canon

Anonymous
May 10, 2005 6:05:43 PM

In message <42806f5e$0$1251$8fcfb975@news.wanadoo.fr>, John
<prout@nospam.com> writes
>Hello,
>
>I have a Epson R800 and a Canon IP4000.
>Wich RIP do you suggest me to use to produce good Color result?
>Note that this RIP must act as a Drive, I mean I can select it as a printer
>driver when printing, not exporting a graphic file then opening it in the
>RIP.

The main company for these things seems to be EFI (www.efi.com) if you
contact them they can put you in suggest a local dealer who will be able
to help further.

--
Timothy
Anonymous

"me@privacy.net" <news@Privacy.Net> wrote in message
> In message <42806f5e$0$1251$8fcfb975@news.wanadoo.fr>, John
> <prout@nospam.com> writes
>>Hello,
>>
>>I have a Epson R800 and a Canon IP4000.
>>Wich RIP do you suggest me to use to produce good Color result?
>>Note that this RIP must act as a Drive, I mean I can select it as a
>>printer
>>driver when printing, not exporting a graphic file then opening it in the
>>RIP.
>
> The main company for these things seems to be EFI (www.efi.com) if you
> contact them they can put you in suggest a local dealer who will be able
> to help further.
>
> --
> Timothy

what is a RIP?
May 11, 2005 12:39:58 PM

In message <428129d2$0$76016$c30e37c6@ken-reader.news.telstra.net>,
Caitlin <caitlin_online_spamtrap@hotmail.com> writes

>what is a RIP?

IIRC it stands for Raster Image Processor (or something like that) they
tend to get used by (comparatively) big machines. eg, I have a (second
hand) Canon colour copier that weighs in at about 600lbs! Anyway, the
RIP is a box that sits next to the photocopier and turns it into a
printer, which is mostly what I use it for.

--
Timothy
May 11, 2005 12:39:59 PM

> In message <428129d2$0$76016$c30e37c6@ken-reader.news.telstra.net>,
> Caitlin <caitlin_online_spamtrap@hotmail.com> writes
>>
>>what is a RIP?
>>
> IIRC it stands for Raster Image Processor (or something like that) they
> tend to get used by (comparatively) big machines. eg, I have a (second
> hand) Canon colour copier that weighs in at about 600lbs! Anyway, the RIP
> is a box that sits next to the photocopier and turns it into a printer,
> which is mostly what I use it for.
>
> --
> Timothy

For what it's worth- All printers have a RIP. Most desktop printers have a
RIP built in. This is the processor that changes the information in your
document into a matrix of dots that actually get placed on a page. Large
professional printers have RIPs that reside on a separate computer, located
either between the host computer and the printer or the network and the
printer. Some (low-end) modern printers use the same engine that creates
graphics on you screen as a RIP, these are the so-called "Windows Printers"
or "GDI printers". Regardless of where it's done, printers need a processor
to convert document information into dots.
May 11, 2005 12:50:48 PM

thanks for your reply, it seems that they support professional printer not
classic ones.
May 16, 2005 3:19:37 AM

try www.iproofsystems.com - they specialize in Epson and I'm pretty sure
they have some RIPs for Canons and HPs.