Bloodmoon Earth Stone Quest (spoilers)

I'm trying to do the Earth Song Quest, and I don't hear anything.

Rather, sometimes, when I first enter the song chamber dungeon, I hear
something low and loud which sounds like it MIGHT be three tones, but
this is only right after I enter, and then nothing else.

In the final chamber there are three stalagmites. I can interact with
them and I get a little puff of steam from each, but no sound - the
standard dungeon music keeps playing in the background (I've tried
playing with the various volume controls, and no luck). The upper
stalagtites seem to be playing 4 steam puffs that I assume are notes,
in order 1,2,3,2 counting from the left, but copying this pattern
doesn't do anything.

Various hint sites on line mention a different pattern besides that
one, but they also strongly imply I should be hearing something. My
journal also says that I am hearing something. But I'm not.

My only guess is if there is some mod I have loaded that may interfere
with the sounds being played. I do have several quest mods loaded,
but so far as I know, none affecting Solstheim/Bloodmoon at all.

Anyone else run into this? Any solutions?

lojbab
--
lojbab lojbab@lojban.org
Bob LeChevalier, Founder, The Logical Language Group

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 23:36:10 -0400, Bob LeChevalier <lojbab@lojban.org>
wrote:

> I'm trying to do the Earth Song Quest, and I don't hear anything.
> Various hint sites on line mention a different pattern besides that
> one, but they also strongly imply I should be hearing something. My
> journal also says that I am hearing something. But I'm not.
> Anyone else run into this? Any solutions?

I didn't run into his situation. Anyway, here's the solution:
Think of the stalagmites numbered 1 to 3 from left to right.
The first pattern you have to enter is 2-3-1-3
After that the melody changes and you have to enter 1-3-2-1
I think you will get a journal entry after doing that. Head to
the Earth Stone and activate it again to complete this quest.

Bjoern

"Bob LeChevalier" <lojbab@lojban.org> wrote in message
> I'm trying to do the Earth Song Quest, and I don't hear anything.
>
> Rather, sometimes, when I first enter the song chamber dungeon, I hear
> something low and loud which sounds like it MIGHT be three tones, but
> this is only right after I enter, and then nothing else.
>
> In the final chamber there are three stalagmites. I can interact with
> them and I get a little puff of steam from each, but no sound - the
> standard dungeon music keeps playing in the background (I've tried
> playing with the various volume controls, and no luck). The upper
> stalagtites seem to be playing 4 steam puffs that I assume are notes,
> in order 1,2,3,2 counting from the left, but copying this pattern
> doesn't do anything.
>
> Various hint sites on line mention a different pattern besides that
> one, but they also strongly imply I should be hearing something. My
> journal also says that I am hearing something. But I'm not.
>
> My only guess is if there is some mod I have loaded that may interfere
> with the sounds being played. I do have several quest mods loaded,
> but so far as I know, none affecting Solstheim/Bloodmoon at all.
>
> Anyone else run into this? Any solutions?
>
> lojbab
> --
> lojbab lojbab@lojban.org
> Bob LeChevalier, Founder, The Logical Language Group
> (Opinions are my own; I do not speak for the organization.)
> Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org

I had the same exact problem. It went on for about two months. I even
emailed the company and was told it was due to outdated drivers. Not so. The
solution was easy. I was always hitting the pipes with a hammer or the like.
Nothing. Nada. Very frustrating after dozens of tries. Here is how I finally
solved it: use the spacebar! Hope this helps-

MERLIN

"Dennis Curtis" <curtisd1@verizon.net> skrev i en meddelelse

> "Bob LeChevalier" <lojbab@lojban.org> wrote in message
> > I'm trying to do the Earth Song Quest, and I don't hear anything.
> >
> > Rather, sometimes, when I first enter the song chamber dungeon, I hear
> > something low and loud which sounds like it MIGHT be three tones, but
> > this is only right after I enter, and then nothing else.
> >
> > In the final chamber there are three stalagmites. I can interact with
> > them and I get a little puff of steam from each, but no sound - the
> > standard dungeon music keeps playing in the background (I've tried
> > playing with the various volume controls, and no luck). The upper
> > stalagtites seem to be playing 4 steam puffs that I assume are notes,
> > in order 1,2,3,2 counting from the left, but copying this pattern
> > doesn't do anything.
> >
> > Various hint sites on line mention a different pattern besides that
> > one, but they also strongly imply I should be hearing something. My
> > journal also says that I am hearing something. But I'm not.
> >
> > My only guess is if there is some mod I have loaded that may interfere
> > with the sounds being played. I do have several quest mods loaded,
> > but so far as I know, none affecting Solstheim/Bloodmoon at all.
> >
> > Anyone else run into this? Any solutions?
> >
> > lojbab
> > --
> > lojbab lojbab@lojban.org
> > Bob LeChevalier, Founder, The Logical Language Group
> > (Opinions are my own; I do not speak for the organization.)
> > Artificial language Loglan/Lojban:
http://www.lojban.org

> I had the same exact problem. It went on for about two months. I
even
> emailed the company and was told it was due to outdated drivers. Not so.
The
> solution was easy. I was always hitting the pipes with a hammer or the
like.
> Nothing. Nada. Very frustrating after dozens of tries. Here is how I
finally
> solved it: use the spacebar! Hope this helps-

This is one of the things they might tell you more clearly
in the manual - thaat when you interact with something
in the game, youy *use* it. That objects like hammers,
swords etc are only good for one thing: hitting somebody. That actions,
that was part of a quest,
were performed by 'using' something with the
spacebar. (right clicking the mouse, should do
the same thing

merlin