Expansion Slots
PCI Express x16 2 x PCI-E x16 with SLI™ support at full x16, x16 mode
PCI Slots 3
Other Slots 1 x PCI-E x4 slot

antichrysler

Distinguished
May 29, 2006
you're an idiot.

I can't believe you would post a question so stupid. If you could put AGP video cards in a PCI-E slot why would they have PCI-E slots? Or if you could put an AGP card in a PCI slot why would they bother with an AGP slot?

This isn't even a computer question. This is just a question of you being an idiot.

MasterLee

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2006
you're an idiot.

I can't believe you would post a question so stupid. If you could put AGP video cards in a PCI-E slot why would they have PCI-E slots? Or if you could put an AGP card in a PCI slot why would they bother with an AGP slot?

This isn't even a computer question. This is just a question of you being an idiot.

That's what I was gonna say, you just put it nicer than I would've.
You're antichrysler ? Well I'm anti-those 4cylinder, frontdrive, they gotta romp on them thinking they sound good, ain't really going anywhere, stupid twerp behind the wheel cars.
How could you hate an 8000 HP Hemi ?

tirefire

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
No, an AGP card requires an AGP slot.

If you're getting a motherboard with only PCI express then you'll need a new video card for it.

A handful of motherboards for either AMD or Intel have both AGP and PCI express slots, but I doubt they'd have more than one PCIe slot, so no SLI in that case. You'd probably be best off selling your AGP card on eBay to pay for a new PCIe card.

antichrysler

Distinguished
May 29, 2006
you're an idiot.

That's what I was gonna say, you just put it nicer than I would've.
You're antichrysler ? Well I'm anti-those 4cylinder, frontdrive, they gotta romp on them thinking they sound good, ain't really going anywhere, stupid twerp behind the wheel cars.
How could you hate an 8000 HP Hemi ?

I agree. I hate Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, etc. I haev no beef with the Hemi engine. I also hate those piece of junk 4 cylinder civic rice rockets that people choch up and call sports cars. Big whoop, they got 10hp @ 15,000 RPM with 1ft-lb of torque. Racing stripes do not make your car faster. I can't emphasize this enough.

Personally i'm a chevy guy. Get yourself one of those old school corvettes or camaro's with a 454 and that's a real car.

PS. I expect my engine to displace more than a bottle of coke.

kukito

Distinguished
May 17, 2006
Just thought of something.
What will I do with my AGP vid card?
Can I pop it into a regular PCI slot?
Here is what the motherboard i want has

Expansion Slots
PCI Express x16 2 x PCI-E x16 with SLI™ support at full x16, x16 mode
PCI Slots 3
Other Slots 1 x PCI-E x4 slot
Don't mind the insulting comments. Some people are mean by nature and can only exalt themselves by putting other people down.

Give your AGP card to someone or sell it. There are motherboards available for both AMD and Intel (including Conroe) that will support AGP, but it seems you want SLI and that limits you to PCIe.