transfer users, groups, ou to new domain

amir

hi all,
i been trying to figure out how to trasfer my users, groups and
organizational units from one domain to another new domain. i tried the ADMT
but it doesn't trasfer the OU's and i also tried ldifde.exe which i think is
the right tool for the job but i am unsucceful in all my attemps. any help
would be appriciated.
i'm on windows 2000 std server w/ sp4 on both systems.

thanks,
amir

Amir wrote:
> hi all,
> i been trying to figure out how to trasfer my users, groups and
> organizational units from one domain to another new domain. i tried the ADMT
> but it doesn't trasfer the OU's and i also tried ldifde.exe which i think is
> the right tool for the job but i am unsucceful in all my attemps. any help
> would be appriciated.
> i'm on windows 2000 std server w/ sp4 on both systems.

For the OU structure I will use ldifde or script but for users and
groups I will use ADMT .. what is a problem with ldifde in Your case?

--
Tomasz Onyszko [MVP]
http://www.w2k.pl

amir

i was able to transfer everything using ldifde with the "-m" switch. however,
the users / group relationship is gone. i have 600+ users. does this mean i
have to add each user to it's group all over again?

if i do use the admt after i transfer the OUs. will the groups/users go in
their proper OU? or will everything be dumped in the users OU and i will have
to move each object to it's proper OU?

thanks for your reply,
amir