transfer users, groups, ou to new domain

hi all,
i been trying to figure out how to trasfer my users, groups and
organizational units from one domain to another new domain. i tried the ADMT
but it doesn't trasfer the OU's and i also tried ldifde.exe which i think is
the right tool for the job but i am unsucceful in all my attemps. any help
would be appriciated.
i'm on windows 2000 std server w/ sp4 on both systems.

thanks,
amir
2 answers Last reply
More about transfer users groups domain

    Amir wrote:
    > hi all,
    > i been trying to figure out how to trasfer my users, groups and
    > organizational units from one domain to another new domain. i tried the ADMT
    > but it doesn't trasfer the OU's and i also tried ldifde.exe which i think is
    > the right tool for the job but i am unsucceful in all my attemps. any help
    > would be appriciated.
    > i'm on windows 2000 std server w/ sp4 on both systems.

    For the OU structure I will use ldifde or script but for users and
    groups I will use ADMT .. what is a problem with ldifde in Your case?

    --
    Tomasz Onyszko [MVP]
    http://www.w2k.pl

    i was able to transfer everything using ldifde with the "-m" switch. however,
    the users / group relationship is gone. i have 600+ users. does this mean i
    have to add each user to it's group all over again?

    if i do use the admt after i transfer the OUs. will the groups/users go in
    their proper OU? or will everything be dumped in the users OU and i will have
    to move each object to it's proper OU?

    thanks for your reply,
    amir

Domain Microsoft Active Directory Windows