How can you change all folder views to detail for all user..

Using Windows 2000 Server Active Directory.

100 Workstations using Windows 2000 and XP Pro
200 users

I hate the default mode set up by microsoft for viewing files and folders.
I like looking at all files in detail view so I can read long text names
easily.

I know it is possible to set up a Mandatory profile so that everyone gets
the same settings but I do not want to use this method.

Is it possible to apply a registry setting or something to a Policy on the
Windows 2000 Server so everyone logs on and gets the same view settings
[detail].

or can you apply it on the local machine and force all users to use it as
default.

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about change folder views detail user

    "Mr IT" wrote:
    > Using Windows 2000 Server Active Directory.
    >
    > 100 Workstations using Windows 2000 and XP Pro
    > 200 users
    >
    > I hate the default mode set up by microsoft for viewing files
    > and folders.
    > I like looking at all files in detail view so I can read long
    > text names
    > easily.
    >
    > I know it is possible to set up a Mandatory profile so that
    > everyone gets
    > the same settings but I do not want to use this method.
    >
    > Is it possible to apply a registry setting or something to a
    > Policy on the
    > Windows 2000 Server so everyone logs on and gets the same view
    > settings
    > [detail].
    >
    > or can you apply it on the local machine and force all users
    > to use it as
    > default.
    >
    > Thanks

    Make the changes on a clean user profile. After changes copy this
    profile to default user profile (System, advanced).

    To make the users profiles mandatory, you have to rename the
    ntuser.dat file to ntuser.man. This file is contained in C:\Documents
    and Settings\Default User\ntuser.dat)

    The changes in the profile will be applied only to new users, the
    existing profiles have to be changed manually (or deleted to create
    new ones with the default profile you made. Do it in Control Panel,
    System, Properties, Advanced, User Profiles, mark and delete).

    Good Luck

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-change-folder-views-detail-users-network-ftopict374746.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1707910

Windows 2000 Microsoft Active Directory Windows