Windows 2000 Server losing the DC

I recetnly had to rebuild the DC, and when I joined my only other Server to
the recreated domain- it keeps losing the domain (When i rebuilt the DC- I
added a new router and new IP schema- not sure that matters).

Specifically it does this when accessing AD on teh DC (for example, if I try
to change a service to log on as a domain user it will lose the domain and
say 'it cannot find the domain or it is unavailable'- or something like that.

I can move the server to a workgroup and then back to the domain, but it
will just happen again.

Any ideas?
2 answers Last reply
More about windows 2000 server losing

    to start, check that the Server is configured with an IP address of an
    internal
    DNS Server (preferably Win 200x based, AD-integrated, etc.).

    Do let us know if this helps. Thanks.

    "TJ" wrote:

    > I recetnly had to rebuild the DC, and when I joined my only other Server to
    > the recreated domain- it keeps losing the domain (When i rebuilt the DC- I
    > added a new router and new IP schema- not sure that matters).
    >
    > Specifically it does this when accessing AD on teh DC (for example, if I try
    > to change a service to log on as a domain user it will lose the domain and
    > say 'it cannot find the domain or it is unavailable'- or something like that.
    >
    > I can move the server to a workgroup and then back to the domain, but it
    > will just happen again.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    I appreciate the help- I checked the DNS and confirmed that the olny entry is
    teh internal DNS server on the network.

    Any other thoughts?

    "Desmond Lee" wrote:

    > to start, check that the Server is configured with an IP address of an
    > internal
    > DNS Server (preferably Win 200x based, AD-integrated, etc.).
    >
    > Do let us know if this helps. Thanks.
    >

    > "TJ" wrote:
    >
    > > I recetnly had to rebuild the DC, and when I joined my only other Server to
    > > the recreated domain- it keeps losing the domain (When i rebuilt the DC- I
    > > added a new router and new IP schema- not sure that matters).
    > >
    > > Specifically it does this when accessing AD on teh DC (for example, if I try
    > > to change a service to log on as a domain user it will lose the domain and
    > > say 'it cannot find the domain or it is unavailable'- or something like that.
    > >
    > > I can move the server to a workgroup and then back to the domain, but it
    > > will just happen again.
    > >
    > > Any ideas?

Domain Windows 2000 Servers Windows