Logitech Z560's die, oh no

Ari1127

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2002
Alright, I had planned on building a new comp system with the Logitech Z560's. Wise choice. When i recieved them this past wed.(2/27/02) i hooked them up to my old system to hear the quality. I was so astounded at the heavenly sound that burst forth. Up till now (3/4/02) i've enjoyed them immensly, but about 20 min ago, they just stopped working. I was listening to some Trick Daddy a little loud, but nothing that would blow the speakers. I still cannot get them to work. The manual suggests that i wait for a while to let them cool. I have so far, but i'm just not that patient when it comes to 160 bucks. Any suggestions? I sure don't want to have to deal with shipping them back to logitech. That'd be a major hassle. Thanks for your time.

Ari1127

Red_Zealot

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2001
I have the Z560s, too...Aren't they great!

What blew? Sattelite or woofer? If you're not getting any sound, that's the woofer. But plug in a different set of speakers to check to see if it was the card (highly unlikely).

The woofer is pretty sensitive, because it has everything (including ~200W PSU) in one unit...The's why it has that HUGE heatsink on it...

Try unplugging all power and audio cables, and making sure nothing smells burnt in the woofer. How loud were you playing it? I've gotten my woofer REALLY loud (neighbor calling police loud), so I hope things work out for you!

"If you teach a child to read, then he or her will be able to pass a literacy test" - George W.