Domain Function Level 2003 - NT Domain External Trust

Hi all,
I have a test lab with a 2003 AD server that previously had two 2000 AD
controllers in it.
I've run dcpromo and decommissioned the last of the 2000 servers.
Currently the 2003 functional level is Windows 2000 mixed.

If I raise it to Windows 2003, what is this going to do to the external
trusts I have set up with two separate NT 4.0 Domains?
Will users in the NT 4 Domains still be able to access shared drives on
servers in the 2003 AD?

I need to upgrade the functional level so I can move a Certificate Authority
server onto my 2003 AD server.

TIA,

Paul Landry
IT Manager
Centric Software, Inc.

You can establish trust relationship with NT4 regardless of the functional
level. I've included some info as FYI.

How to establish trusts with a Windows NT-based domain in Windows Server
2003:
http://tinyurl.com/7eg7s

Managing Domain and Forest Trusts:
http://tinyurl.com/9zn5h

Known Issues for Creating Domain and Forest Trusts:
http://tinyurl.com/9vfe3

Regards,
/Jimmy
--
Jimmy Andersson, Q Advice AB
Microsoft MVP - Directory Services

"Paul Landry" <plandry@frametech.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I have a test lab with a 2003 AD server that previously had two 2000 AD
> controllers in it.
> I've run dcpromo and decommissioned the last of the 2000 servers.
> Currently the 2003 functional level is Windows 2000 mixed.
>
> If I raise it to Windows 2003, what is this going to do to the external
> trusts I have set up with two separate NT 4.0 Domains?
> Will users in the NT 4 Domains still be able to access shared drives on
> servers in the 2003 AD?
>
> I need to upgrade the functional level so I can move a Certificate
> Authority server onto my 2003 AD server.
>
> TIA,
>
> Paul Landry
> IT Manager
> Centric Software, Inc.

Thanks Jimmy.
I was thinking this was the case, I just wanted to double-check so there
weren't any surprises.
I've ghosted the drive as a fall back, just in case I run into problems.

Best Regards,
Paul