DNS domain name in DHCP

Ade

Distinguished
May 5, 2004

Hi all,

Our AD domain name is say abd.domainname.com, but when dhcp was been setup,
option15 (DNS domain name) is set to just domainname.com, not
abd.domainname.com, is this correct? I can't imagine why it would be, but
thought it better to ask here first.

As always, any help much appreciated.

No that's not generally correct (but could be if you have a parent domain),
but is only the connection specific domain-name so won't break anything.
The DNS resolver will use both the Primary DNS suffix and the connection
specific suffix in resolving unqualified names.

--
Paul Williams
Microsoft MVP - Windows Server - Directory Services