Asus P5W DH Deluxe and nVidia 7950 Support?

Will the Asus P5W DH Deluxe ever support the nVidia One Card dual GPU-SLI 7950 video card? How can it be that the Intel Bad Axe Rev 304 can support this video card, yet the damn Asus motherboard is out in the cold?????

Intels Bad Axe supposedly fixed some graphical issues in the bios with the 7950 and it works as of BIOS 1073:

Quote:
Fixed a problem where PEG video devices that contain bridges do not work as the primary video device.
18 answers Last reply
More about asus deluxe nvidia 7950 support
  1. there have been reports that the 7950 will not work on the P5W board.
    but a few claim it will and is working.
    by all means it should .
    see link below
    http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20060704061219607&board_id=1&model=P5W+DH+Deluxe&page=1&SLanguage=en-us
  2. Quote:
    there have been reports that the 7950 will not work on the P5W board.
    but a few claim it will and is working.
    by all means it should .
    see link below
    http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20060704061219607&board_id=1&model=P5W+DH+Deluxe&page=1&SLanguage=en-us


    Nope it does not support it, it defaults to a single vid card instead of the dual vid card. Also the Asus tech guy said the 7950 is not supported... I Mean how stupid is that???????????

    There is no way i'd buy a motherboard that couldn’t support this video card, that is why i'm going with teh bad axe 304 board. Asus can go and tinker with the stupid ai boost or what ever flashy crap names they give their utilities while serious things are relegated to the back burner.
  3. Thats an expensive gamble :evil:
    sorry to here it worked out that way.
    lately Asus has had quite a few disapointed customers.
    I for one .
    but got over it after I purchased the board in my sig.
    hard lesson to learn when it comes out of your pocket.
    good luck
  4. Quote:
    Thats an expensive gamble :evil:
    sorry to here it worked out that way.
    lately Asus has had quite a few disapointed customers.
    I for one .
    but got over it after I purchased the board in my sig.
    hard lesson to learn when it comes out of your pocket.
    good luck


    i just think it is idiotic that the intel 975 board supports the nVidia 7950 while the Asus 975 board does not :) just insane lol
  5. Quote:
    Thats an expensive gamble :evil:
    sorry to here it worked out that way.
    lately Asus has had quite a few disapointed customers.
    I for one .
    but got over it after I purchased the board in my sig.
    hard lesson to learn when it comes out of your pocket.
    good luck


    i just think it is idiotic that the intel 975 board supports the nVidia 7950 while the Asus 975 board does not :) just insane lol
    Same thing with core 2 support.
    We have to play the game.
    Bios revisions will make the difference eventually.
    Or not
    :lol:
  6. Quote:
    Thats an expensive gamble :evil:
    sorry to here it worked out that way.
    lately Asus has had quite a few disapointed customers.
    I for one .
    but got over it after I purchased the board in my sig.
    hard lesson to learn when it comes out of your pocket.
    good luck


    i just think it is idiotic that the intel 975 board supports the nVidia 7950 while the Asus 975 board does not :) just insane lol
    Same thing with core 2 support.
    We have to play the game.
    Bios revisions will make the difference eventually.
    Or not
    :lol:

    I guess, all i know is the Bad Axe 304 board is what i'm getting :) let the happy times begin lol
  7. read at anandtech the latest core 2 duo buying help before buying Bad Axe
  8. Quote:
    read at anandtech the latest core 2 duo buying help before buying Bad Axe


    Yes indeed, reading now, hopefully there isn't anything else that is crazy about the state of the computer industry :)
    Buyers Guide
  9. Quote:
    read at anandtech the latest core 2 duo buying help before buying Bad Axe

    I read the article, and nothing changed for me, yes the Bad Axe 304 won't be OC as much as the Asus Deluxe board, but at least it will run a 7950 nVidia card, unlike the idiotic Asus board.
  10. Ok time to update this thread, i learned the following so far from calling, and talking to some smart peeeps on the Net.

    The P5W DH Deluxe is:
    7950 compatible, provided it is flashed with latest BIOS
    Has the nVidia Drivers installed.
    (At bootup / OS install , it will work in single card mode, until bios is updated and nVidia drivers installed)

    Reason for ASUS and nVidia not "Officialy" supporting this combination is that they are both lazy IMO....

    People have the 7950 and P5W DH working together well.

    Happy Gaming !
  11. This Asus has 2 pci-e x16 slots...is it crossfire or SLI? Is SLI only availabl on Nvidia boards?
  12. Whoops...I meant is SLI only availabe on nvidia chipset boards.
  13. Intel chipsets are ATI crossfire.
    Intel licenses both ati and NVIDIA but NVIDIA is inherently SLI based on the Intel chipset.
  14. Quote:
    This Asus has 2 pci-e x16 slots...is it crossfire or SLI? Is SLI only availabl on Nvidia boards?

    THe Asus P5W DH does ATI CF only, the only SLI you can do on that board is with that one "physical" video card 7950, :) which i guess you can now have the best of both SLI and CF , (In a way at least)
  15. The 7950GX2 is supposed to work on any board. :?
  16. Quote:
    Ok time to update this thread, i learned the following so far from calling, and talking to some smart peeeps on the Net.

    The P5W DH Deluxe is:
    7950 compatible, provided it is flashed with latest BIOS
    Has the nVidia Drivers installed.
    (At bootup / OS install , it will work in single card mode, until bios is updated and nVidia drivers installed)

    Reason for ASUS and nVidia not "Officialy" supporting this combination is that they are both lazy IMO....

    People have the 7950 and P5W DH working together well.

    Happy Gaming !



    Thanks for the info, now I can alter my purchase and get the 7950 with my P5W DH Deluxe. How reliable are your sources? I'm not too keen on buying the 7950 if I can only get it to work in single card mode :)
  17. How come there's no mention of the P5W DH Deluxe on the Motherboard Compatibility List on nVidias homepage?

    nVidia 7950 compability list
  18. Quote:
    How come there's no mention of the P5W DH Deluxe on the Motherboard Compatibility List on nVidias homepage?

    nVidia 7950 compability list


    Most likely Because ASUS is lazy, and does not give a flying f about anything except making money.

    I ordered my 7950, and i got my ASUS P5W DH a couple of days ago, i only have to order a new bios chip with the latest bios and i'm good to go when the CPU gets here.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Support Nvidia Motherboards