Folder and File Permissions

I'm trying to setup permissions on folders on a shared drive. After assigning
the appropriate groups and permissions, the permissions aren't being
inhereted to the child objects. I try to go into the security properties as
domain admin to make sure they took right and it tells me that I don't have
the rights, I have to take ownership to make changes. Some folders will have
the right permissions but files within the folder will no. It's not happening
on every folder and that's what's confusing me really bad.
1 answer Last reply
More about folder file permissions

    Sounds like certain folders have been configured to not inherit permissions.
    If this is the case, you will need to manually change the permissions.
    There are command line tools available that might be of some help if you
    have many folders to re-ACL. cacls.exe and sabinacl.exe spring to mind.

    --
    Paul Williams
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Server - Directory Services

Permissions Microsoft Active Directory Windows