AD Sites and Services points to old server....

I swapped out a server about 1 year go - when I go into AD S&S I see under
Netservices, it shows our old server.

Anything I need to do to take it out of there so it shows the new server?

You can do a metadata cleanup to remove it. Check out the following article:

http://www.petri.co.il/delete_failed_dcs_from_ad.htm

"_____________STANGE_____________________" wrote:

> I swapped out a server about 1 year go - when I go into AD S&S I see under
> Netservices, it shows our old server.
>
> Anything I need to do to take it out of there so it shows the new server?

Depending on what you mean by swapped out, you can either just delete the
remaining server object in dssite.msc and any DNS records for this or you
will have to do the metadata cleanup. The metadata cleanup is only needed
if the demotion was ungraceful. You will know if you need to do the
metadata cleanup as the KCC is logging lots of events about not being able
to replicate (among other things).

--
Paul Williams
Microsoft MVP - Windows Server - Directory Services