+100 difficultly *slight spoilers for Tribunal

This is the way the game should have shipped. The game's completely
unchallenging otherwise.

I'm currently a level 14 thief wandering underneath the sewers of
Mournhold and it's a real challenge. It reminds me of when you first
start out in Gothic. After struggling for an hour i finally reached
the outside of the Dark Brotherhood stronghold and was swarmed by six
Dark Brothers at once! That was ridiculous at this difficulty so i
cast a Divine Intervention and stocked up on 4000 Septims worth of
Exclusive Restore Health potions. It was a tremendous task but i took
on all of those Dark Brothers while drinking a potion every few
seconds -tough but decidely rewarding!
--
salutations, mat
np: peaches - set it off

"the kraken" <mattchu@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is the way the game should have shipped. The game's completely
> unchallenging otherwise.
>
> I'm currently a level 14 thief wandering underneath the sewers of
> Mournhold and it's a real challenge. It reminds me of when you first
> start out in Gothic. After struggling for an hour i finally reached
> the outside of the Dark Brotherhood stronghold and was swarmed by six
> Dark Brothers at once! That was ridiculous at this difficulty so i
> cast a Divine Intervention and stocked up on 4000 Septims worth of
> Exclusive Restore Health potions. It was a tremendous task but i took
> on all of those Dark Brothers while drinking a potion every few
> seconds -tough but decidely rewarding!
> --
> salutations, mat
> np: peaches - set it off

I took them all out with a bow with my thief. Was real easy using stealth
sniper shots... but I was level 20+. Those Dark Brotherhood guys are
TOUGH at lower levels.

-rc23

the kraken wrote:

> This is the way the game should have shipped. The game's completely
> unchallenging otherwise.
>
> I'm currently a level 14 thief wandering underneath the sewers of
> Mournhold and it's a real challenge. It reminds me of when you first
> start out in Gothic. After struggling for an hour i finally reached
> the outside of the Dark Brotherhood stronghold and was swarmed by six
> Dark Brothers at once! That was ridiculous at this difficulty so i
> cast a Divine Intervention and stocked up on 4000 Septims worth of
> Exclusive Restore Health potions. It was a tremendous task but i took
> on all of those Dark Brothers while drinking a potion every few
> seconds -tough but decidely rewarding!

Boy, I'll bet your mouse hand is really tired. ;)

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 07:51:24 -0400, during a swim through the cold
waters of alt.games.morrowind, i happened upon the crew of
ToolPackinMama <laura@lauragoodwin.org>:

>the kraken wrote:
>>
>> This is the way the game should have shipped. The game's completely
>> unchallenging otherwise.
>>
>> I'm currently a level 14 thief wandering underneath the sewers of
>> Mournhold and it's a real challenge. It reminds me of when you first
>> start out in Gothic. After struggling for an hour i finally reached
>> the outside of the Dark Brotherhood stronghold and was swarmed by six
>> Dark Brothers at once! That was ridiculous at this difficulty so i
>> cast a Divine Intervention and stocked up on 4000 Septims worth of
>> Exclusive Restore Health potions. It was a tremendous task but i took
>> on all of those Dark Brothers while drinking a potion every few
>> seconds -tough but decidely rewarding!
>
>Boy, I'll bet your mouse hand is really tired. ;)

Oh, it was tiring! As i neared towards the ring-leader of this Dark
Brotherhood cell i started to wonder if this might be more detrimental
to my health than anything else! The thugs take quite a beating
before going down.

I ended up cycling through the glass viperblades they carried to
handle the boss. Once the charge on one blade was exhausted i'd
switch to another and stab him a few times in the gut before switching
again. I ended up having to turn the difficulty down a few notches
just to survive his attacks.

I'm taking a break from the game for the next couple of days in order
to recover. Besides, the weather has been perfect this afternoon.
--
salutations, mat
np: [winamp not running]

the kraken <mattchu@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<09h7f09aatnges648ei9ap8bv0sgohvabm@4ax.com>...
> On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 07:51:24 -0400, during a swim through the cold
> waters of alt.games.morrowind, i happened upon the crew of
> ToolPackinMama <laura@lauragoodwin.org>:
>
> >the kraken wrote:
> >>
> >> This is the way the game should have shipped. The game's completely
> >> unchallenging otherwise.
> >>
> >> I'm currently a level 14 thief wandering underneath the sewers of
> >> Mournhold and it's a real challenge. It reminds me of when you first
> >> start out in Gothic. After struggling for an hour i finally reached
> >> the outside of the Dark Brotherhood stronghold and was swarmed by six
> >> Dark Brothers at once! That was ridiculous at this difficulty so i
> >> cast a Divine Intervention and stocked up on 4000 Septims worth of
> >> Exclusive Restore Health potions. It was a tremendous task but i took
> >> on all of those Dark Brothers while drinking a potion every few
> >> seconds -tough but decidely rewarding!
> >
> >Boy, I'll bet your mouse hand is really tired. ;)
>
> Oh, it was tiring! As i neared towards the ring-leader of this Dark
> Brotherhood cell i started to wonder if this might be more detrimental
> to my health than anything else! The thugs take quite a beating
> before going down.
>
> I ended up cycling through the glass viperblades they carried to
> handle the boss. Once the charge on one blade was exhausted i'd
> switch to another and stab him a few times in the gut before switching
> again. I ended up having to turn the difficulty down a few notches
> just to survive his attacks.
>
> I'm taking a break from the game for the next couple of days in order
> to recover. Besides, the weather has been perfect this afternoon.

There are times I wish the game had an auto-repeat for left mouse
button. Hand to hand combat is like that (and is the main reason I
have not tried a
purely hand to hand character). I do sometimes use my other hand to
click the mouse button during those long battles.

DeAnn wrote:
> the kraken <mattchu@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<09h7f09aatnges648ei9ap8bv0sgohvabm@4ax.com>...
>
>>On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 07:51:24 -0400, during a swim through the cold
>>waters of alt.games.morrowind, i happened upon the crew of
>>ToolPackinMama <laura@lauragoodwin.org>:

>>>Boy, I'll bet your mouse hand is really tired. ;)
>>
>>Oh, it was tiring! As i neared towards the ring-leader of this Dark
>>Brotherhood cell i started to wonder if this might be more detrimental
>>to my health than anything else! The thugs take quite a beating
>>before going down.
>>
>>I ended up cycling through the glass viperblades they carried to
>>handle the boss. Once the charge on one blade was exhausted i'd
>>switch to another and stab him a few times in the gut before switching
>>again. I ended up having to turn the difficulty down a few notches
>>just to survive his attacks.
>>
>>I'm taking a break from the game for the next couple of days in order
>>to recover. Besides, the weather has been perfect this afternoon.
>

> There are times I wish the game had an auto-repeat for left mouse
> button. Hand to hand combat is like that (and is the main reason I
> have not tried a
> purely hand to hand character). I do sometimes use my other hand to
> click the mouse button during those long battles.

That was part of the reason I normally try to sneak up on my victims.
One critical blow is enough to end most combats. Against the
brotherhood I used the 80% ring of chameleon available in another quest
along with either Sunder or Skullcrusher and sneaked up on them. One
quick hit was enough. It was hilarious hearing these cold blooded
killers running around shouting "I want to live" :) Another advantage
of sneaking up is that a critical hit will not damage the armor making
it easier to resell.

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 00:25:45 GMT, "Michael W. Ryder"
<mwryder@_worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>That was part of the reason I normally try to sneak up on my victims.
>One critical blow is enough to end most combats. Against the
>brotherhood I used the 80% ring of chameleon available in another quest
>along with either Sunder or Skullcrusher and sneaked up on them. One
>quick hit was enough. It was hilarious hearing these cold blooded
>killers running around shouting "I want to live" :) Another advantage
>of sneaking up is that a critical hit will not damage the armor making
>it easier to resell.

For me the funniest parts of the game are when the ordinators call you
scum. I've also had NPCs say "you will suffer greatly" AFTER you had
knocked their yellow bar to zero but before they fell over dead...