Whats the cheapest printer just to print Cd/DVD labels ??

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
May 11, 2005 7:13:47 AM

I want one that you can refill the inktanks and print great quality :)

I also want it to be a backup printer for text more than graphics.

Thanks.
Anonymous
May 11, 2005 7:13:48 AM

The thins is, printer is cheap, but ink cartridge is not.

I am using Epson R200, got it about $99.00 a while ago.

If you want to use epson printer, you can try to use some sort of bulk
ink device:

http://www.inkrepublic.com

Paul GoodBar wrote:
> I want one that you can refill the inktanks and print great quality
:)

> I also want it to be a backup printer for text more than graphics.
>
> Thanks.
Anonymous
May 11, 2005 7:13:48 AM

You may be looking for quite some time. The Epson R200 and R300 are
specifically designed to print on coated disks if that is what you are
asking. If you are referring to simply printing on pre-formatted disk
labels, just about any inkjet, or laser printer, for that matter is capable
of this.

"Paul GoodBar" <1@abc.com> wrote in message

> I want one that you can refill the inktanks and print great quality :)
>
> I also want it to be a backup printer for text more than graphics.
>
> Thanks.

May 11, 2005 7:13:48 AM

"Paul GoodBar" <1@abc.com> wrote in message

> I want one that you can refill the inktanks and print great quality :)
>
> I also want it to be a backup printer for text more than graphics.
>
> Thanks.

r200 -- $79 at sam's club [about the price of the ink...]
May 11, 2005 7:13:48 AM

The Epson printers can be refilled but pretty sure you'll need a chip
resetter because of the chipped tanks

I've a feeling the Canon IP3000 is cheaper but YOU will have to check
the INK TANKS FIRST, one of these lower priced models uses a single
tank for the three main colours (this is not to say they are not
refillable). The ip4000 & 5000 certainly is, the added
advantage is that they are not chipped like Epsons and are easily
refillable as well as being transparent and having separate tanks,
plus a large pigmant black for text and a dye based black for
colour.

Davy
Anonymous
May 11, 2005 7:13:49 AM

Davy wrote:

>The Epson printers can be refilled but pretty sure you'll need a chip
>resetter because of the chipped tanks
>
>I've a feeling the Canon IP3000 is cheaper but YOU will have to check
>the INK TANKS FIRST, one of these lower priced models uses a single
>tank for the three main colours (this is not to say they are not
>refillable). The ip4000 & 5000 certainly is,

The IP3000, IP4000, IP5000, IP6000, IP8500 all belong to the PIXMA
family and use the BCI-6 ink tanks. The 3,4,and 5,000 also use the
BCI3-ebk pigmented tanks. The information is www.canonusa.com or you
can go to the site of your country.

>the added
>advantage is that they are not chipped like Epsons and are easily
>refillable as well as being transparent and having separate tanks,
>plus a large pigmant black for text and a dye based black for
>colour.
>
>Davy

Anonymous
May 11, 2005 11:59:38 AM

"Paul GoodBar" <1@abc.com> wrote in message

> I want one that you can refill the inktanks and print great quality :)
>
> I also want it to be a backup printer for text more than graphics.
>
> Thanks.

What country are you in? If you're outside North American the Canon IP3000.
Anonymous
May 11, 2005 6:32:41 PM

In Australia :)

I think we have all the Canon Printers here qwith Cd printing.

On Wed, 11 May 2005 00:16:27 GMT, "SamSez" <samtheman@verizon.net>
wrote:

>"Paul GoodBar" <1@abc.com> wrote in message
>>

>> I want one that you can refill the inktanks and print great quality :)
>>
>> I also want it to be a backup printer for text more than graphics.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>r200 -- $79 at sam's club [about the price of the ink...]

Anonymous
May 11, 2005 6:32:42 PM

Definitely go with the Canon. The disc printing program is very easy to use
and flexible. Costs a fraction of what the Epson will cost you in ink.

> In Australia :)
>
> I think we have all the Canon Printers here qwith Cd printing.
>

> On Wed, 11 May 2005 00:16:27 GMT, "SamSez" <samtheman@verizon.net>
> wrote:
>

> >"Paul GoodBar" <1@abc.com> wrote in message
> >>

> >> I want one that you can refill the inktanks and print great quality :)
> >>
> >> I also want it to be a backup printer for text more than graphics.
> >>
> >> Thanks.
> >>

> >r200 -- $79 at sam's club [about the price of the ink...]

Anonymous
May 11, 2005 11:59:38 PM

"Paul GoodBar" <1@abc.com> wrote in message

> In Australia :)
>
> I think we have all the Canon Printers here qwith Cd printing.

In that case DEFINITELY get the IP3000 - I have the IP4000 and am very happy
with it. If you really don't care about the photo quality then the IP3000
will do, the only difference is an extra black for photos I think. Having
said that the difference in price is fairly marginal - you can get an IP4000
for A$240, IP3000 A$200. I now print all my CDs and DVDs - would never buy a
non-printable again!

I'm in Australia too - but you'll find most Americans assume that everyone
else is from the 'good ol' US of A' .. :-)
February 16, 2012 5:38:51 AM

hey we can help you find cheap printer here
printer-cheap.com
!