Mike

Splendid

I upgraded my Dell XPS system from Win98 to XP Pro. The c:
drive is still FAT and all of my other drives are NTFS.
Should I convert the c: drive to NTFS from a performance
standpoint and if so how do I do that without reformatting
the drive.

Thanks, Mike

The easiest location to find answers for these sorts of questions is your own
system. Go>start\Help and Support and type in NTFS in the line at the top
left and then click the arrow. You will find all the articles you need about
converting your FAT32 to NTFS including ones on how to do so without data
loss. Help and support can aid you with most issues and is the first place to
start.

Benchmarking on Windows XP
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system/sysperf/benchmark.mspx

NTFS Preinstallation and Windows XP