Organization Tab - Manager block

sue

Strange question...
Is there a way for me to change the default username in the "Manager" block?
We don't want usernames showing up in there, we want first name last name or
Full Name. Any help would be appreciated.

"Sue21" wrote:
> Strange question...
> Is there a way for me to change the default username in the
> "Manager" block?
> We don't want usernames showing up in there, we want first
> name last name or
> Full Name. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

You are going to have to be more specific as to what you mean by
Manager block? I am not sure what you are refering to.

Cheers,

Lara

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-Organization-Tab-Manager-block-ftopict376638.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1227262

sue

Thank you for responding. You are completely correct. After I read it, I was
"DUH".

Okay...in AD on a users properties page, there is an Organization Tab. On
the Organization Tab, there is a block called Manager. It appears that the
default for that is the domain username. I do not want that to be the
default. Do you know of a way to change it?

"lforbes" wrote:

> "Sue21" wrote:
> > Strange question...
> > Is there a way for me to change the default username in the
> > "Manager" block?
> > We don't want usernames showing up in there, we want first
> > name last name or
> > Full Name. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Hi,
>
> You are going to have to be more specific as to what you mean by
> Manager block? I am not sure what you are refering to.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Lara

> Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-Organization-Tab-Manager-block-ftopict376638.html
> Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1227262

>Okay...in AD on a users properties page, there is an Organization
Tab.
>On the Organization Tab, there is a block called Manager. It appears
>that the default for that is the domain username. I do not want that
>to be the default. Do you know of a way to change it?

When I went to my users and clicked the Organization Tab, the Manager
was blank. There was no user there.

When I clicked "Change". I just typed the Users full name into the
box and it came up fine. It would only list the Users Full name, not
the username of User.

I am actually not familier with what the Manager tab is all about. I
am not sure if it affects Group Policy or if it is just an "info"
box like "telephone" or "Department".

If you want to change something like this though it is a Schema Change
which is permanent and affects your whole forest.

What do you want to use it for?

Cheers,

Lara