Sign in with
Your question

Best configuration for integrating Game Consoles into PC

Last response: in Systems
July 17, 2006 2:34:18 AM

I've been trying to figure out what the best configuration for getting my systems to run with a media PC I'm going to build. I've been reading about a lot of ways to accomplish this but it all seems very confusiing. The point is I want to add this feature without adding cost to a strict budget. I will be using RCA cables and S-Vid. connecttions.

The most viable option I think will be with a TVTuner that I plan to use. Only problem with that is that I've read that with a PVR card it creates lag that makes gaming immposible.

Thanks for any help and advise.
July 17, 2006 3:24:13 AM

If you mean that you have an HTPC - and now you want to plug your xbox into the PC, then plug the PC into the TV? Ya, there's normally a good 2 to 3 seconds of lag there on even the fastest systems. You dont notice it on regular TV, but it's there.

There's probably someone out there that knows how to make it work. But its going to be costly and/or challenging. Plug the xbox directly into the TV. If youre outta ports, get a port extender.
Related resources
July 17, 2006 5:15:08 AM

I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear. What I mean is I want to run the consoles with a monitor that is replacing my TV.
July 18, 2006 1:25:00 AM

I thought about going with a VGA converter. Thing is I'm on a fixed budget for a new system with monitor included I just thought a Tv-Tuner would be the best solution without adding cost, since I plan on buying one regardless.
!