Occasionally unable to access resources in trusted domain

Hi,
I'm having a strange, intermittent issue where I am unable to browse or
access any resources on two particular PCs in another domain that has a
two-way trust between our domain and theirs.
I have a PC (PC 1) on our domain (Domain X) that has two shared printers
installed on PC 2 that is a member of Domain Y. Occasionally, When I look at
the printers on PC 1, the printers I have installed from PC 2 show up as
either 'Access Denied' or 'Opening'. While this is occuring, I am unable to
browse that PC as well, I get a message saying 'No domain server was
available to fulfill your request' although I have two other printers
installed on PC 1 from the same domain as PC2 that I can access just fine.
The printers are shared with full access to 'Everyone'.
There is a two way trust between Domain X and Y and we have tried recreating
the trust, rebooting servers but this keeps cropping up and I can't find
anything in any of the error logs.
Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this and how I should
go about troubleshooting it? Both domains are running Windows 2000 AD and are
root domains.
Thanks a bunch.

"Funky Paw" wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm having a strange, intermittent issue where I am unable to
> browse or
> access any resources on two particular PCs in another domain
> that has a
> two-way trust between our domain and theirs.
> I have a PC (PC 1) on our domain (Domain X) that has two
> shared printers
> installed on PC 2 that is a member of Domain Y. Occasionally,
> When I look at
> the printers on PC 1, the printers I have installed from PC 2
> show up as
> either 'Access Denied' or 'Opening'. While this is occuring, I
> am unable to
> browse that PC as well, I get a message saying 'No domain
> server was
> available to fulfill your request' although I have two other
> printers
> installed on PC 1 from the same domain as PC2 that I can
> access just fine.
> The printers are shared with full access to 'Everyone'.
> There is a two way trust between Domain X and Y and we have
> tried recreating
> the trust, rebooting servers but this keeps cropping up and I
> can't find
> anything in any of the error logs.
> Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this
> and how I should
> go about troubleshooting it? Both domains are running Windows
> 2000 AD and are
> root domains.
> Thanks a bunch.

Hi,

I never have had any luck accessing Printers in another Domain,
trusted or not. The "everyone" group really doesn’t cross domains.
Universal Groups or Group nesting may be the way to do it?

Another way is to buy an NIC card for the printer and then just
install it separately in both domains.

Cheers,

Lara

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-Occasionally-unable-access-resources-trusted-domain-ftopict376891.html