Problems with the DnsAvoidRegisterRecords registry key

Hi All

I am using the above registry key to try to prevent certain DNS records from
being registered for some of my DC's.

Every time I set this key I get an error 3051 in the event log that says:

The Registry or the information you just typed includes an illegal value for
"DnsAvoidRegisterRecords".

I have followed KB306602 which gives info re the setting. I have tried this
on 3 different windows 2000 sp3 builds (built from different Source media)
to no avail

Even if I just put in the registry entry with no values I get this error.

Anybody seen this? got any pointers.....

Thanks

Jody

Are you sure you have delimited the entries in that value with the
ENTER key as specified and marked it a REG_MULTI_SZ entry?

chris

Thanks very much for your help, I made a schoolboy error and was not
creating the correct type.... :-( (using regedit instead of regedt32)

Here is the command line for anyone else interested

reg add HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Netlogon\Parameters /v
DnsAvoidRegisterRecords /t REG_MULTI_SZ /s - /d
LdapIpAddress-Ldap-LdapAtSite-Pdc-Gc-GcAtSite-DcByGuid-GcIpAddress-Kdc-KdcAtSite-Dc-DcAtSite-Rfc1510Kdc-Rfc1510KdcAtSite-GenericGc-GenericGcAtSite-Rfc1510UdpKdc-Rfc1510Kpwd-Rfc1510UdpKpwdValue

Thanks

Jody