Moving a Forest FSMO to a new Subnet/Site

Hi All,
for security I plan to move one of my two Forest FSMO/DC servers to
another site on our WAN (actually on a 10MB LAN extension link)

They have a different IP subnet and so I would need to change the IP
address of the server.

I've had a look around but struggling to see if this is something that
is likely to cause me problems.

I appreciate that I will need to ensure that DNS gets up to speed with
the new address but is there anything else that is likely to jump up
and bite me?
Many thanks,
Regards

Graeme

graeme_smith77@hotmail.com wrote:

> Hi All,
> for security I plan to move one of my two Forest FSMO/DC servers to
> another site on our WAN (actually on a 10MB LAN extension link)
>
> They have a different IP subnet and so I would need to change the IP
> address of the server.

As long as you make sure the DNS is correctly setup you shouldn't
encounter as problems (aside from client side DNS caching). Standard
rules apply - make sure you use the diag tools before and after, check
the event viewer etc etc.

Cheers

Ash.