Create AD Account

I have two domain controllers in my network. When I try to create a new
account in Active Directory on one of the DC's, I receive an error,"Windows
cannot create the object because: The directory service was unable to
allocate a relative identifier."
Any help would be deeply appreciated.
Thank you.
Al
4 answers Last reply
More about create account

    Sounds like you have RID master problems

    Load the support tools. From the install cd d:\support\tools\setup.exe
    Load the admin tools d:\i386\adminpak.msi

    Open up a command prompt
    . dcdiag /v /test:ridmanager
    . Make sure no errors with the rid manager

    My guess isyou have rid problems.

    Come back to the group and list the results

    Paul Bergson

    "Alboni" <Alboni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have two domain controllers in my network. When I try to create a new
    > account in Active Directory on one of the DC's, I receive an
    > error,"Windows
    > cannot create the object because: The directory service was unable to
    > allocate a relative identifier."
    > Any help would be deeply appreciated.
    > Thank you.
    > Al

    Thank you for your response, Paul.
    I ran ran the tool you suggested and received the following response in
    reference to the RID Master:1. DsBind with RID Master was successful, 2.
    Failed with 8481: The search failed to retrieve attributes from the
    database., 3. Could not get Rid set Reference: failed with 8481: The search
    failed to retrieve attributes from the database.
    I am also checking the information Jerold sent me.
    Thank you.
    Al

    On Wed, 25 May 2005 17:18:01 -0700, Alboni <Alboni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I have two domain controllers in my network. When I try to create a new
    >account in Active Directory on one of the DC's, I receive an error,"Windows
    >cannot create the object because: The directory service was unable to
    >allocate a relative identifier."
    >Any help would be deeply appreciated.
    >Thank you.
    >Al

    See tip 7921 » The Windows 2000 Server, or Windows Server 2003, System event log records event ID 16650 - 'The account-identifier allocator failed to initialize properly'?
    in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com

    I will leave this with Jerold's tip I'm in the midst of a major issue and
    don;t have the opportunity to check back like I owuld like.

    Paul

    > Thank you for your response, Paul.
    > I ran ran the tool you suggested and received the following response in
    > reference to the RID Master:1. DsBind with RID Master was successful, 2.
    > Failed with 8481: The search failed to retrieve attributes from the
    > database., 3. Could not get Rid set Reference: failed with 8481: The
    > search
    > failed to retrieve attributes from the database.
    > I am also checking the information Jerold sent me.
    > Thank you.
    > Al
    >
    > "Paul Bergson" wrote:
    >
    >> Sounds like you have RID master problems
    >>
    >> Load the support tools. From the install cd d:\support\tools\setup.exe
    >> Load the admin tools d:\i386\adminpak.msi
    >>
    >> Open up a command prompt
    >> . dcdiag /v /test:ridmanager
    >> . Make sure no errors with the rid manager
    >>
    >> My guess isyou have rid problems.
    >>
    >> Come back to the group and list the results
    >>

    >> Paul Bergson
    >>

    >> "Alboni" <Alboni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> >I have two domain controllers in my network. When I try to create a new
    >> > account in Active Directory on one of the DC's, I receive an
    >> > error,"Windows
    >> > cannot create the object because: The directory service was unable to
    >> > allocate a relative identifier."
    >> > Any help would be deeply appreciated.
    >> > Thank you.
    >> > Al

Domain Microsoft Active Directory Windows