  • Active Directory
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
May 25, 2005 9:18:01 PM

I have two domain controllers in my network. When I try to create a new
account in Active Directory on one of the DC's, I receive an error,"Windows
cannot create the object because: The directory service was unable to
allocate a relative identifier."
Any help would be deeply appreciated.
Thank you.
Al

More about : create account

Anonymous
May 26, 2005 12:15:00 PM

Sounds like you have RID master problems

Load the support tools. From the install cd d:\support\tools\setup.exe
Load the admin tools d:\i386\adminpak.msi

Open up a command prompt
. dcdiag /v /test:ridmanager
. Make sure no errors with the rid manager

My guess isyou have rid problems.

Come back to the group and list the results

Paul Bergson

"Alboni" <Alboni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have two domain controllers in my network. When I try to create a new
> account in Active Directory on one of the DC's, I receive an
> error,"Windows
> cannot create the object because: The directory service was unable to
> allocate a relative identifier."
> Any help would be deeply appreciated.
> Thank you.
> Al
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 1:28:02 PM

Thank you for your response, Paul.
I ran ran the tool you suggested and received the following response in
reference to the RID Master:1. DsBind with RID Master was successful, 2.
Failed with 8481: The search failed to retrieve attributes from the
database., 3. Could not get Rid set Reference: failed with 8481: The search
failed to retrieve attributes from the database.
I am also checking the information Jerold sent me.
Thank you.
Al

"Paul Bergson" wrote:

> Sounds like you have RID master problems
>
> Load the support tools. From the install cd d:\support\tools\setup.exe
> Load the admin tools d:\i386\adminpak.msi
>
> Open up a command prompt
> . dcdiag /v /test:ridmanager
> . Make sure no errors with the rid manager
>
> My guess isyou have rid problems.
>
> Come back to the group and list the results
>

> Paul Bergson
>

> "Alboni" <Alboni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have two domain controllers in my network. When I try to create a new
> > account in Active Directory on one of the DC's, I receive an
> > error,"Windows
> > cannot create the object because: The directory service was unable to
> > allocate a relative identifier."
> > Any help would be deeply appreciated.
> > Thank you.
> > Al

May 26, 2005 2:07:21 PM

On Wed, 25 May 2005 17:18:01 -0700, Alboni <Alboni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have two domain controllers in my network. When I try to create a new
>account in Active Directory on one of the DC's, I receive an error,"Windows
>cannot create the object because: The directory service was unable to
>allocate a relative identifier."
>Any help would be deeply appreciated.
>Thank you.
>Al

See tip 7921 ยป The Windows 2000 Server, or Windows Server 2003, System event log records event ID 16650 - 'The account-identifier allocator failed to initialize properly'?
in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 6:46:46 PM

I will leave this with Jerold's tip I'm in the midst of a major issue and
don;t have the opportunity to check back like I owuld like.

Paul

!