HP8450 automatic sharpening

The default setting is for the Shapening feature to be ON. I keep having to
turn it off manually, and after a while it becomes a pain. Any way to turn
it off completely?

Thanks,
Scarlett

"Sarah Feliz" <sfeliz@nada.com> wrote in message
> The default setting is for the Shapening feature to be ON. I keep having to
> turn it off manually, and after a while it becomes a pain. Any way to turn
> it off completely?

If you are running Windows then open Start, Printers, click on the 8450 and
then set the properties you want.

Setting the properties from within an application only sets it while you are in
that application; if you set it from printers folder the setting should
"stick".

Regards,

"Sarah Feliz" <sfeliz@nada.com> wrote in message
> The default setting is for the Shapening feature to be ON. I keep having to
> turn it off manually, and after a while it becomes a pain. Any way to turn
> it off completely?

I replied to your email but it was returned with an invalid address.

I am not a Mac user, but you might try setting the feature as shown at the
following:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?dlc=en&lc=en&product=402150&lang=en&cc=us&docname=c00060619

Regards,

Thanks, this is a good tip for changing the default page size but does not
address the sharpening feature.

Sarah

In article <1189f9df60lrfb8@corp.supernews.com>, bobh@proaxis.com (Bob
Headrick) wrote:

> I replied to your email but it was returned with an invalid address.

I think the 'nada.com' might offer a clue as to why. ;-)

Jon.

I've had a bad experience with newsgroup correspondence and so no longer
provide my email address. I hope you understand.

If you have a comment about the HP8450 sharpen feature, I'd be most grateful
if you'd post your reply to the newsgroup.

Thank you

Sarah

On 5/13/05 11:00 AM, in article
memo.20050513194611.2572C@blue.compulink.co.uk, "Jon O'Brien"

> I've had a bad experience with newsgroup correspondence and so no longer
> provide my email address. I hope you understand.

Fair enough for newsgroup postings, but a bit counterproductive if you send me
private email with an invalid return address :). Sorry the link I gave did
not do the trick, I have some emails out to the development team and should
hear something next week.

Regards,

Sorry about the private email. I pressed the wrong tab on my email program -
That was a mistake. I had intended it to go to the newsgroup.

Sarah

On 5/13/05 9:49 PM, in article 118b0qdfpmgmn21@corp.supernews.com, "Bob