markiam

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
I've built a new PC with following components:

ASUS P5W2D-E Premium
P4 930
2gb 667 DDR2 (4x512)
2x250gb S-ATA drives

I've configure the HDDs as a raid 1 array and booted from my XPSP2 cd. I press F6 to load the raid drivers from floppy and the install then continues loading the rest of the drivers from the windows CD.

I then get the "Press enter to continue" message. I press enter and then get a blank blue screen with a "Please wait" message. I've waited for 30 minutes and nothing happens.

If I remove the raid array and try installing with just one drive it gets a little further. I get the next screen where I have to "Press F8 to agree to the license agreement and continure".

I then get another blank blue screen with a message at the bottom "Loading Setupp.ini". Nothing happens no matter how long I wait.

Any ideas? I've disconnected all unessecary components such as USB connectors etc in case

PCcashCow

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2002
I've had similar issues, sometimes it's that IDE ribbon that is not seated correctly and your not noticing it, or the ribbon itself. Try burning another fresh copy of XP as well. Something is causing the installation to hang, I suspect its related a device having read\write access problem.

shadowduck

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
I've had similar issues, sometimes it's that IDE ribbon that is not seated correctly and your not noticing it, or the ribbon itself. Try burning another fresh copy of XP as well. Something is causing the installation to hang, I suspect its related a device having read\write access problem.

That or the op's got some bad RAM.

OP: Run Memtest86 and see what happens.

http://www.memtest86.com