tenaciousleydead

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2004
I cant play any game on the internet, like cs:s or farcry. i dont know why but my friggin cpu usage is outrageous even when not urnning a game when im in the hl2 menu it will easily rise to 60-70%. so when i try to move in games it stuters but thats only when im using my cursor, when i just go straight back and forward its fine. its killing me i dont have any backround programs running just the game. system is 1.0gb of ram athlon xp 3200 geforce 6800. i messed with the graphic settings to no prevail. even when i was in the scroll menu of tomshardware it was at 60% ahhhhhh! help please before i lose my sanity. Thank You

Looking for a fender jaguar/ jag-stang. has to be a lefty.
Email: CharlesJReel@hotmail.com

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
There IS something running in the background. Check your processes and run adaware.

You cpu doesn't run a 60% just cos it feels like it. Something is using it.

"Its only when you look at ants closely with a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames"

tenaciousleydead

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2004
i have nothing running in the backround, it was the steam app using it all up. but the problem mysteriousley vanished after i dinked around and installed the 78.00's. but i cant install dod:s even though i have the gold package, know anything about this? Thank You.

Looking for a fender jaguar/ jag-stang. has to be a lefty.
Email: CharlesJReel@hotmail.com

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
Have you posted your problem on the steam forums? You would get a quicker and most likely more informed response there.

"Its only when you look at ants closely with a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames"