Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

ATTWS Customers can get Rollover minutes; more

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
Anonymous
October 27, 2004 1:20:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

It's on the website:

Cingular is the only company to offer Rollover allowing you to carry
over your unused, accumulated Anytime Minutes from month to month. You
can carry over unused Anytime Minutes for up to 12 billing periods.

Plans are already underway to make Rollover Minutes available to you.
Please check back on November 10, 2004 for an update. Our goal is to
have this feature available to you by this holiday season. To get a plan
with Rollover, you will need to change to a Cingular Nation Plan $39.99
or higher. You will also need to get a new Cingular GSM phone.

http://www.newcingular.com/a_benefits.html

=======================================

Thus as I predicted earlier today, an ATTWS customer with 7 PM nights
would lose them if they switched to a Cingular Nation Plan.


If I go to Walgreens, it looks to me like Holiday season is upon us.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Also on the website:

Q: When will I be able to make Mobile to Mobile calling to all Cingular
and AT&T Wireless customers?

A: Implementation is already underway to expand the reach of your
existing Mobile to Mobile calling plan to all Cingular and AT&T Wireless
customers. Please check back on November 10, 2004 for an update on when
this service will be available. Our goal is to have it available to you
by this holiday season.

http://www.newcingular.com/a_questions2.html
Anonymous
October 27, 2004 1:20:35 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

"Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:jzwick3-2D3DA0.16201026102004@news1.west.earthlink.net...
> It's on the website:
>
> Cingular is the only company to offer Rollover allowing you to carry
> over your unused, accumulated Anytime Minutes from month to month. You
> can carry over unused Anytime Minutes for up to 12 billing periods.
>
> Plans are already underway to make Rollover Minutes available to you.
> Please check back on November 10, 2004 for an update. Our goal is to
> have this feature available to you by this holiday season. To get a plan
> with Rollover, you will need to change to a Cingular Nation Plan $39.99
> or higher. You will also need to get a new Cingular GSM phone.
>
> http://www.newcingular.com/a_benefits.html
>
> =======================================
>
> Thus as I predicted earlier today, an ATTWS customer with 7 PM nights
> would lose them if they switched to a Cingular Nation Plan.
>

Try again. I'm a cingular nation customer with 7PM nights. I've never been
an ATTWS customer. -Dave
Anonymous
October 27, 2004 4:30:59 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

In article <2u81k9F22d6thU1@uni-berlin.de>, "Dave C." <mdupre@sff.net>
wrote:

>
> "Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> news:jzwick3-2D3DA0.16201026102004@news1.west.earthlink.net...
> > It's on the website:
> >
> > Cingular is the only company to offer Rollover allowing you to carry
> > over your unused, accumulated Anytime Minutes from month to month. You
> > can carry over unused Anytime Minutes for up to 12 billing periods.
> >
> > Plans are already underway to make Rollover Minutes available to you.
> > Please check back on November 10, 2004 for an update. Our goal is to
> > have this feature available to you by this holiday season. To get a plan
> > with Rollover, you will need to change to a Cingular Nation Plan $39.99
> > or higher. You will also need to get a new Cingular GSM phone.
> >
> > http://www.newcingular.com/a_benefits.html
> >
> > =======================================
> >
> > Thus as I predicted earlier today, an ATTWS customer with 7 PM nights
> > would lose them if they switched to a Cingular Nation Plan.
> >
>
> Try again. I'm a cingular nation customer with 7PM nights. I've never been
> an ATTWS customer. -Dave

But THERE is a difference. You pay for your 7 PM nights. ATTWS customers
can get it for free.
Related resources
Anonymous
October 27, 2004 1:37:29 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

Hey kids, If I am not mistaken... Cingular customers may add 7pm
nights on their plans for how much? seven dollars extra? - vice AT&T
where I have to subscribe to a 59.99$ plan or higher to have 7pm
nights. If I do not, I am not entitled to such feature. AT&T is
pricey.


>
> > Try again. I'm a cingular nation customer with 7PM nights. I've never been
> > an ATTWS customer. -Dave
>
> But THERE is a difference. You pay for your 7 PM nights. ATTWS customers
> can get it for free.
Anonymous
October 27, 2004 8:52:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

"M. D. Borca" <mariusdb@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:a9ce8e18.0410270837.19a00484@posting.google.com...
> Hey kids, If I am not mistaken... Cingular customers may add 7pm
> nights on their plans for how much? seven dollars extra? - vice AT&T
> where I have to subscribe to a 59.99$ plan or higher to have 7pm
> nights. If I do not, I am not entitled to such feature. AT&T is
> pricey.
>

BINGO!!! So much for "free" 7PM N/W. -Dave
October 27, 2004 9:24:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

"M. D. Borca" <mariusdb@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:a9ce8e18.0410270837.19a00484@posting.google.com...
> Hey kids, If I am not mistaken... Cingular customers may add 7pm
> nights on their plans for how much? seven dollars extra? - vice AT&T
> where I have to subscribe to a 59.99$ plan or higher to have 7pm
> nights. If I do not, I am not entitled to such feature. >

I was an ATTWS customer for 5+ years, and my term commitment had expired.
ATTWS offered me 650 minutes, 7 PM nights, FREE Mobile-To-Mobile, Free long
distance, all for $29.95/month.

Their retention offers were pretty good. Maybe they didn't care because
they were about to be taken over. Who knows. I had to re-up for only 12
months, not the usual 24 months.

Cingular has promised to honor all ATTWS contract terms and rates. I think
I got a really super deal, and I will stay on it until hell freezes over, if
I possibly can.
Anonymous
October 27, 2004 10:36:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <mRQfd.10998$ta5.5710@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net> on Wed, 27 Oct 2004
17:24:34 GMT, "Jeremy" <jeremy@nospam.thanks.com> wrote:

>I was an ATTWS customer for 5+ years, and my term commitment had expired.
>ATTWS offered me 650 minutes, 7 PM nights, FREE Mobile-To-Mobile, Free long
>distance, all for $29.95/month.
>
>Their retention offers were pretty good. ...

My own experience was quite different. When I was considering switching to
Cingular because my ATTWS plan was so much less attractive, ATTWS refused to
make any concessions at all on standard terms or pricing. So I'm now on
Cingular.

--
Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
October 27, 2004 11:18:58 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

In article <cVRfd.1433$_3.22863@typhoon.sonic.net>,
John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:

> >Their retention offers were pretty good. ...
>
> My own experience was quite different. When I was considering switching to
> Cingular because my ATTWS plan was so much less attractive, ATTWS refused to
> make any concessions at all on standard terms or pricing.

John, go buy a clue: they knew it was YOU they were talking with.

No wonder they offered you nothing.
Anonymous
October 28, 2004 2:27:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

In article <2uag43F243skeU1@uni-berlin.de>, "Dave C." <mdupre@sff.net>
wrote:

>
> "M. D. Borca" <mariusdb@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:a9ce8e18.0410270837.19a00484@posting.google.com...
> > Hey kids, If I am not mistaken... Cingular customers may add 7pm
> > nights on their plans for how much? seven dollars extra? - vice AT&T
> > where I have to subscribe to a 59.99$ plan or higher to have 7pm
> > nights. If I do not, I am not entitled to such feature. AT&T is
> > pricey.
> >
>
> BINGO!!! So much for "free" 7PM N/W. -Dave

Except currently at $59.99/month one gets 900 minutes and free 7 PM
under AT&TWS National plans, versus 850 Minutes and 9 PM on Cingular
National plans, so in that sense it is FREE.
Anonymous
October 28, 2004 2:35:24 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <jzwick3-1CBB73.17273527102004@news1.west.earthlink.net> on Wed, 27 Oct
2004 22:27:10 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

>In article <2uag43F243skeU1@uni-berlin.de>, "Dave C." <mdupre@sff.net>
>wrote:
>
>> "M. D. Borca" <mariusdb@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:a9ce8e18.0410270837.19a00484@posting.google.com...
>> > Hey kids, If I am not mistaken... Cingular customers may add 7pm
>> > nights on their plans for how much? seven dollars extra? - vice AT&T
>> > where I have to subscribe to a 59.99$ plan or higher to have 7pm
>> > nights. If I do not, I am not entitled to such feature. AT&T is
>> > pricey.
>> >
>>
>> BINGO!!! So much for "free" 7PM N/W. -Dave
>
>Except currently at $59.99/month one gets 900 minutes and free 7 PM
>under AT&TWS National plans, versus 850 Minutes and 9 PM on Cingular
>National plans, so in that sense it is FREE.

It's not free since you have to sign up for a contract at $60/month or higher
to get it. TANSTAAFL

--
Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
October 28, 2004 3:26:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <elmop-84EE80.19185827102004@text.usenetserver.com> on Wed, 27 Oct 2004
19:18:58 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:

>In article <cVRfd.1433$_3.22863@typhoon.sonic.net>,
> John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:
>
>> >Their retention offers were pretty good. ...
>>
>> My own experience was quite different. When I was considering switching to
>> Cingular because my ATTWS plan was so much less attractive, ATTWS refused to
>> make any concessions at all on standard terms or pricing.
>
>John, go buy a clue: they knew it was YOU they were talking with.
>
>No wonder they offered you nothing.

ROTFL!

Get a life.

--
Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
October 28, 2004 6:09:24 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

In article <MoVfd.1478$_3.22775@typhoon.sonic.net>,
John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:

> [POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
>
> In <jzwick3-1CBB73.17273527102004@news1.west.earthlink.net> on Wed, 27 Oct
> 2004 22:27:10 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
> >In article <2uag43F243skeU1@uni-berlin.de>, "Dave C." <mdupre@sff.net>
> >wrote:
> >
> >> "M. D. Borca" <mariusdb@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >> news:a9ce8e18.0410270837.19a00484@posting.google.com...
> >> > Hey kids, If I am not mistaken... Cingular customers may add 7pm
> >> > nights on their plans for how much? seven dollars extra? - vice AT&T
> >> > where I have to subscribe to a 59.99$ plan or higher to have 7pm
> >> > nights. If I do not, I am not entitled to such feature. AT&T is
> >> > pricey.
> >> >
> >>
> >> BINGO!!! So much for "free" 7PM N/W. -Dave
> >
> >Except currently at $59.99/month one gets 900 minutes and free 7 PM
> >under AT&TWS National plans, versus 850 Minutes and 9 PM on Cingular
> >National plans, so in that sense it is FREE.
>
> It's not free since you have to sign up for a contract at $60/month or higher
> to get it. TANSTAAFL

It IS FREE SINCE AT THE SAME PRICE POINT, CINGULAR charges $7/month for
7 PM nights
Anonymous
October 29, 2004 12:58:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <jzwick3-1EA037.21090327102004@news1.west.earthlink.net> on Thu, 28 Oct
2004 02:09:24 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

>In article <MoVfd.1478$_3.22775@typhoon.sonic.net>,
> John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:

>> It's not free since you have to sign up for a contract at $60/month or higher
>> to get it. TANSTAAFL
>
>It IS FREE SINCE AT THE SAME PRICE POINT, CINGULAR charges $7/month for
>7 PM nights

That's not relevant. It's not free because it's not free, not because some
other company might charge more for it.

--
Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
!