How to report on Advanced Server versus Standard Server

I'm trying to create a quick report listing which of our servers are
running Windows 2000 Advanced Server and which are running Standard
Server. This seems like it should be something I can do with ldifde,
but I can't see an attribute that'll give me this information.

Is this something really blatantly obvious that I'm missing? Or is it
in fact something that ldifde can't tell me? (If the latter -- any
clues how I might be able to do it?)

Use VBScript and WMI to grab the contents of the Win32_OperatingSystem
class. You can query based on a number of properties, though I'd recommend
BuildNumber or Caption. Check out this sample code to get you started:

http://www.freevbcode.com/ShowCode.asp?ID=5122

Also check out the TechNet Scripting Center for more code examples.

--
Laura E. Hunter
Author: _Active Directory Consultant's Field Guide_
(http://tinyurl.com/7f8ll)

All information provided "AS-IS", no warranties expressed or implied.
Replies to newsgroup only.

<dbcricket@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to create a quick report listing which of our servers are
> running Windows 2000 Advanced Server and which are running Standard
> Server. This seems like it should be something I can do with ldifde,
> but I can't see an attribute that'll give me this information.
>
> Is this something really blatantly obvious that I'm missing? Or is it
> in fact something that ldifde can't tell me? (If the latter -- any
> clues how I might be able to do it?)

do an advanced find using ad users and computers.