i need a PC ( intel or AMD welcome )

dt

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2004
im trying to find parts for a good price and i know new egg is the place. but then i have trouble picking out which parts are good because i never built a pc and really dont know whats good or not for the money. i would like to have some help building my pc/ picking out the items i need to build one.

what i want on the computer is:
tv tuner ( hoping dual tv tuner) ,2 gigs of ram ( i had 1 gig on my other computer but that wasnt enough), a good video card to play a couple of games, and thats it.

im open to amd or intel builds at that so i can see which one is best with the best price.

i heard of the 939 and the am2. whats the difference besides the ddr2 ram?( if there is another difference)

as for mobos... i would like to have one with some good ram upgrades and other things also. NO intergrated graphics! ( i have that on my computer and if you had ever had intergrated graphics..... its just... HORRIBLE)

my computer limit price would be 1000 dollars. if that isnt enough to get the stuff then i could use 1500 dollars but thats ONLY if 1000 isnt enough.

if you have msn or aim just pm me. it would be much faster :)