Old DC controller references still in Registry

Over a year ago I put new hardware in 5 of my AD sites and replaced the
existing DCs by dcpromoing the new ones and dcpromoing out the old ones.
There were one in each site. I've just noticed today in the registry of the
newer DCs a reference to the old system at
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Service\NTDS\Parameters in the Src Config NC
Srv and the Src Root Domain Srv values. Should these be there and should I
worry about them?
--
Sandy Wood
Orange County District Attorney

    Hi Sandy,

    You can refer to this KB for a proper cleanup.

    How to remove data in Active Directory after an unsuccessful domain
    controller demotion
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;216498

    br,
    Denis

    "Sandy Wood" <sandy.wood@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > Over a year ago I put new hardware in 5 of my AD sites and replaced the
    > existing DCs by dcpromoing the new ones and dcpromoing out the old ones.
    > There were one in each site. I've just noticed today in the registry of
    the
    > newer DCs a reference to the old system at
    > HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Service\NTDS\Parameters in the Src Config NC
    > Srv and the Src Root Domain Srv values. Should these be there and should I
    > worry about them?
    > --
    > Sandy Wood
    > Orange County District Attorney

    Denis,

    I've run through this twice (to make sure I didn't miss something) and I've
    still got the old server references in my servers (not in AD).
    --

    "Denis Wong @ Hong Kong" wrote:

    > Hi Sandy,
    >
    > You can refer to this KB for a proper cleanup.
    >
    > How to remove data in Active Directory after an unsuccessful domain
    > controller demotion
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;216498
    >
    > br,
    > Denis
    >
    > "Sandy Wood" <sandy.wood@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > > Over a year ago I put new hardware in 5 of my AD sites and replaced the
    > > existing DCs by dcpromoing the new ones and dcpromoing out the old ones.
    > > There were one in each site. I've just noticed today in the registry of
    > the
    > > newer DCs a reference to the old system at
    > > HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Service\NTDS\Parameters in the Src Config NC
    > > Srv and the Src Root Domain Srv values. Should these be there and should I
    > > worry about them?
    > > --
    > > Sandy Wood
    > > Orange County District Attorney

    Sandy

    Run dcdiag /fix.

    Regards

    "Sandy Wood" wrote:

    > Denis,
    >
    > I've run through this twice (to make sure I didn't miss something) and I've
    > still got the old server references in my servers (not in AD).
    > --
    > Sandy Wood
    > Orange County District Attorney
    >

    > "Denis Wong @ Hong Kong" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi Sandy,
    > >
    > > You can refer to this KB for a proper cleanup.
    > >
    > > How to remove data in Active Directory after an unsuccessful domain
    > > controller demotion
    > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;216498
    > >
    > > br,
    > > Denis
    > >
    > > "Sandy Wood" <sandy.wood@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > > > Over a year ago I put new hardware in 5 of my AD sites and replaced the
    > > > existing DCs by dcpromoing the new ones and dcpromoing out the old ones.
    > > > There were one in each site. I've just noticed today in the registry of
    > > the
    > > > newer DCs a reference to the old system at
    > > > HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Service\NTDS\Parameters in the Src Config NC
    > > > Srv and the Src Root Domain Srv values. Should these be there and should I
    > > > worry about them?
    > > > --
    > > > Sandy Wood
    > > > Orange County District Attorney