Conflict problem please help.......

I have an Epsom inkjet printer, been working fine, no problems.

Ive just installed my new HP 3500n laser printer, this is set to my default
printer.

Now when i print (from any programme) to the Epson printer it prints, but if
i try to make another print to it it freezes! i can only print once to the
Epson and then have to re boot and the same then happens again.if i
uninstall the HP then the Epson works fine,

any ideas?
thnaks
4 answers Last reply
More about conflict problem help

    Try re-installing the Epson after the HD is installed. Update both drivers
    with latest versions.

    "Scorps" <scorps@aol.com> wrote in message
    > I have an Epsom inkjet printer, been working fine, no problems.
    >
    > Ive just installed my new HP 3500n laser printer, this is set to my
    default
    > printer.
    >
    > Now when i print (from any programme) to the Epson printer it prints, but
    if
    > i try to make another print to it it freezes! i can only print once to
    the
    > Epson and then have to re boot and the same then happens again.if i
    > uninstall the HP then the Epson works fine,
    >
    > any ideas?
    > thnaks

    You might also try tuning off or disabling any printer monitor utilities.
    This is not an uncommon problem with conflicing printer monitors that assume
    the printers all are from the same company, and that they use the same
    monitor.
    "Dan G" <Dan@xxxx.com> wrote in message
    > Try re-installing the Epson after the HD is installed. Update both drivers
    > with latest versions.
    >

    > "Scorps" <scorps@aol.com> wrote in message
    >> I have an Epsom inkjet printer, been working fine, no problems.
    >>
    >> Ive just installed my new HP 3500n laser printer, this is set to my
    > default
    >> printer.
    >>
    >> Now when i print (from any programme) to the Epson printer it prints, but
    > if
    >> i try to make another print to it it freezes! i can only print once to
    > the
    >> Epson and then have to re boot and the same then happens again.if i
    >> uninstall the HP then the Epson works fine,
    >>
    >> any ideas?
    >> thnaks

    thanks for the info guys, ive tried re installing etc however still have the
    ame problem.
    I have however found that if i turn the laser off i am then able to use the
    Epson, not the ideal solution but it works!

    In message <wnpge.1460$Pi3.556@newsfe4-win.ntli.net>, Scorps
    <scorps@aol.com> writes
    >I have an Epsom inkjet printer, been working fine, no problems.
    >
    >Ive just installed my new HP 3500n laser printer, this is set to my default
    >printer.
    >
    >Now when i print (from any programme) to the Epson printer it prints, but if
    >i try to make another print to it it freezes! i can only print once to the
    >Epson and then have to re boot and the same then happens again.if i
    >uninstall the HP then the Epson works fine,
    >
    >any ideas?

    Is it an addressing problem? eg are they sharing a parallel port or
    something?

    --
    Timothy

Printers Epson Hewlett Packard Peripherals