Sign in with
Your question

it's "look" perfect but it is ?!

Last response: in Components
July 17, 2006 9:03:41 PM

you right the spec are relly looks "little" too perfect but need to see the monitor in the eyes.

ok, and now to your question..
the price of that 3 screens in my country more or less the same price
L1970HR LG = 467$
ViewSonic vx922 = 498$
samsung 960BF = 465$
So if i already bought LCD isn't preferable to bought the best ?!

I need LCD to graphical works , a little for games, but not for movies.

anyaway, what LCD would you buy ?

tnx .

More about : perfect

July 17, 2006 9:31:19 PM

They are all good monitors. You actually chose the 3 brands that I would stick to. For what you are doing I think the Samsung is better, they tend to have better color fidelity from what I hear, the Viewsonic is the best for gaming right now.
July 18, 2006 2:08:32 PM

NEVER shop on brands, only specs!

I work for a big company and one tactic to make money is make the first line of a brand name good and reduce the quality over time, till you get the best ratio...

Please always check out a monitor before you buy. This crap by View Sonic "it's not just a monitor it's a view sonic" is a perfect example of brand marketing… it’s to fool you in to thinking you will always be safe with one brand type when the truth is they are just waiting the screw you over when your not looking properly.
Related resources
July 18, 2006 2:57:33 PM

Quote:

I work for a big company and one tactic to make money is make the first line of a brand name good and reduce the quality over time, till you get the best ratio...

That sounds like a great tactic. I think I've been had several times by that. Logitech seems to do that alot with a repeat cycle. Is there a trade-name for this tactic?
July 18, 2006 3:13:05 PM

Very nice rant... maybe you would like to make a recommendation then? Since that post wasn't very helpfull to the original poster maybe you should just start a new thread where you can rant to your hearts content without wasting his time.

And regardless of whether what you say is true or not, I would still trust the quality and QA/QC of a well known company than go with something like a Jetway or Sceptre... but that's just me. You go ahead and buy that Jetway with the great looking specs that costs $50 less than my Samsung.

BTW that Viewsonic I told him to get? Tom's did a review and found that to be the best gaming monitor...

And no you don't go on spec's, you can write anything you want into the spec and technically meet it but still look like shit. Trust reviews from good sites like this one.
July 18, 2006 3:22:29 PM

Quote:

Please always check out a monitor before you buy. This crap by View Sonic "it's not just a monitor it's a view sonic" is a perfect example of brand marketing… it’s to fool you in to thinking you will always be safe with one brand type when the truth is they are just waiting the screw you over when your not looking properly.

Thats why we read reviews. I'd Go for the ViewSonic vx922 = 498$

Wow, 500 USD for a Vx922? Newegg has them for $259
July 18, 2006 3:22:44 PM

I already answered his exact same question in his original post that’s why this one has a rant in it: Click Here

Oh and when I said specs, please use a little common sense. I meant that in the sense that read up on foru ms check upreviews and buy on technical specs from the manufacturers web site.

I my self actually got a View Sonic TFT about 5 days ago and it taken me 3 times that to decide on what monitor to get. You just really need to do your research first or you will more than likely buy something you will end up unhappy with.

My point was dont let brand names sway you!
July 18, 2006 3:53:55 PM

LG makes a great panel, I believe they are the ones that make Dell's panels. Very sharp and clear text and great color reproduction. Response times aren't the greatest, but for light gaming it should be easily good enough.
July 18, 2006 8:10:03 PM

OK firstable tnx for all the reply
(i am sorry about the new post it's supposed to be a reply to the orinal post
Here

SO I see that part of the response said to SPEC. and other to BRAND .
I understand that...

so please if anyone see a review about this monitor... publish!.
or if "TOMSHARDWARE" can review that monitor it's would be nice.

P.S
Sorry about the bad english it's not my mother tongue.
July 18, 2006 8:30:49 PM

Quote:

Oh and when I said specs, please use a little common sense. I meant that in the sense that read up on foru ms check upreviews and buy on technical specs from the manufacturers web site.

I my self actually got a View Sonic TFT about 5 days ago and it taken me 3 times that to decide on what monitor to get. You just really need to do your research first or you will more than likely buy something you will end up unhappy with.

My point was dont let brand names sway you!

Ok first of all I'm NOT going to give you the definition of both "specification" and "review" from wikipedia as I'm sure you know they are different. COMMON SENSE means that it is common and making the connection between specifications and reviews is not. I think it would be more common sense for you to actually say "look at the specifications and reviews" if that is what you meant.

Don't flame me because I pointed out your error.

@Dvirus: As to the purpose of this thread... see the following review (which you could have found yourself with some searching) they have the Samsung and Viewsonic in it.

http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/03/27/the_spring_2006_...
!