Service Pack 2

Carl

I installed SP2, followed all the instructions carefuly
and then found my computer would not re-boot. I couldn't
get any mode of operating system, no DOS prompt ...
nothing. I tried to re-install the previous version of
windows XP, booted from the CD and it told me there was no
hard drive. The machine spent the last two days at the
local computer centre where they tell me that have had
nearly 100 machines in over the last few months with the
same problem. DO NOT INSTALL SERVICE PACK 2 it is not
worth it. My machine is still not working right, I'm
probably going to have to wipe clean the hard drive and do
a clean install.

Hundreds of thousands have installed SP2 with no problems. In following
instructions, did you run a good spyware remover first? Did you scan for
viruses with updated defintions first?

"Carl" wrote:

> I installed SP2, followed all the instructions carefuly
> and then found my computer would not re-boot. I couldn't
> get any mode of operating system, no DOS prompt ...
> nothing. I tried to re-install the previous version of
> windows XP, booted from the CD and it told me there was no
> hard drive. The machine spent the last two days at the
> local computer centre where they tell me that have had
> nearly 100 machines in over the last few months with the
> same problem. DO NOT INSTALL SERVICE PACK 2 it is not
> worth it. My machine is still not working right, I'm
> probably going to have to wipe clean the hard drive and do
> a clean install.

TRENDING THREADS