Sign in with
Your question

Intel to ATi: Thx but no thx

Last response: in CPUs
July 17, 2006 11:08:49 PM

Today Inel officially announced that the last chipset from ATi for Intel desktops has shipped. The chipset is the only current "Intel" chipset rated for Aero Premium.

Intel will instead release 4 new chipsets, one of which SHOULD support Aero Premium.

Linkage!

This was expected by me and has happened. Intel has gone back to the island of no partners. If I were ATi I would start holding back video cards.

More about : intel ati thx thx

July 17, 2006 11:17:39 PM

Good :D 
Their AMD chipsets now match or exceed Nforce in features and stability and now they can concentrate exclusively on them. :wink:
July 17, 2006 11:25:27 PM

Quote:
Today Inel officially announced that the last chipset from ATi for Intel desktops has shipped. The chipset is the only current "Intel" chipset rated for Aero Premium.

Intel will instead release 4 new chipsets, one of which SHOULD support Aero Premium.

Linkage!

This was expected by me and has happened. Intel has gone back to the island of no partners. If I were ATi I would start holding back video cards.

And what good would such a move be good for consumers? Maybe you could help us in that department as well!
Related resources
July 17, 2006 11:28:07 PM

Please delete this nonsense.
July 17, 2006 11:29:30 PM

For once, maybe the INQ might be telling the truth. :) 
July 17, 2006 11:30:01 PM

lol
July 17, 2006 11:32:22 PM

Quote:

It's about your favorite pimp, I mean CPU company. What's the problem?
July 17, 2006 11:32:57 PM

Quote:

Linkage!

And what good would such a move be good for consumers? Maybe you could help us in that department as well!

Maybe none but change is painful.
July 17, 2006 11:35:57 PM

Quote:

Quoting a source without sources.

Trying to spin any rumour or speculation into fact.

Expecting people to believe what you say.

The fact that you are still here.
July 17, 2006 11:35:57 PM

Source : The Inquirer.net

lol.
July 17, 2006 11:38:40 PM

Quote:

I know; someone should sue the Inq!!!!!!
July 17, 2006 11:43:20 PM

Quote:

I know; someone should sue the Inq!!!!!!

Exactly - after all, they just publish speculation they heard somewhere else...

Hang on BM - that's what you do. Lawyer details please :p 
July 17, 2006 11:44:47 PM

Quote:
If I were ATi I would start holding back video cards.

What and lose money? Brillant move! Moron.
July 17, 2006 11:49:48 PM

Quote:

Well that makes sense, since Baron uses that philosophy himself, only for currency he uses credibility! :mrgreen: :tongue: Which is something wisemen wish to build up, but BaronBS wishes to throw away... :wink:
July 17, 2006 11:53:24 PM

It would be a good move because maybe it would teach Intel not to take them for granted. Then if they want ATI back, charge more money. :p 
July 17, 2006 11:56:08 PM

This only has to do with Intel's relabeling of ATI produced chipsets for Intel branded motherboards. ATI's still free to sell chipsets for Intel CPUs.
July 18, 2006 12:03:08 AM

Quote:

Well that makes sense, since Baron uses that philosophy himself, only for currency he uses credibility! :mrgreen: :tongue: Which is something wisemen wish to build up, but BaronBS wishes to throw away... :wink:

If I was a ~billion dollar GPU company and all the Core 2 in the world won't run FEAR with Intel IGP, I'd definitely do it. Intel has dropped prices - which will lose them money - to screw AMD.

All's fair in love and PCs.
July 18, 2006 12:04:01 AM

Damn, it breaks my heart to see someone being pawned so bad like BM. LOL
July 18, 2006 12:04:52 AM

Quote:
This only has to do with Intel's relabeling of ATI produced chipsets for Intel branded motherboards. ATI's still free to sell chipsets for Intel CPUs.

The point is that Intel WILL NOT assemble a mobo with an ATi chipset so ATi has to get OEMs to use them instead. They supplied MILLIONS OF CHIPSETS to Intel during the shortage and this is how they repay them?!?!
July 18, 2006 12:05:40 AM

Quote:

Damn is that your spine over there?
July 18, 2006 12:10:35 AM

I'm not sure why ATI would hold back graphics cards. You would think crappy IGPs kind of mean people would be forced to buy a discrete one after they try the IGP out. Even if people only buy the low-end ones that's still $50 in the bank for ATI. Intel sells their chipset, ATI sells their graphics card and everyones happy. Except maybe the end user, but even a cheap X300HM would be much faster than any X200M ATI provide, so the user gets their monies worth in the end and that's what's important.

I also wanted to note, The Inquirer is getting all their boards wrong. 2 of the 4 boards they say are 945PL based. The 945PL doesn't have an IGP. That would require a 945G variant so I'm not quite sure what they are talking about.
July 18, 2006 12:12:33 AM

Quote:

Well, it is not me trolling, posting information that comes from unworthy sources, like the Inq. Further, it seems like second nature (expected reaction) from you to start using degoratory languange on newer or sr forum members whenever you are being pawned!

Yeah, that might be my spine over you! :wink:
July 18, 2006 12:17:53 AM

I really want to see an INTEL IGP beat an ATi IGP at anything other than being slow. A GAME COMPANY VP WILL NOT "PUT HIMSELF OUT" IF INTEL WAS WORTH SOMETHING.

Where is the backlash from that? Should be some...... Intel would sell ZERO enthusiast Dells or VooDooPCs WITHOUT A GRAPHICS PARTNER. Intel will still make more money if they give ATi and nVidia a few % of mobos. They would actually save money since they would just need to attach the chipset.

Why the island?
July 18, 2006 12:18:19 AM

Quote:

The point is that Intel WILL NOT assemble a mobo with an ATi chipset so ATi has to get OEMs to use them instead. They supplied MILLIONS OF CHIPSETS to Intel during the shortage and this is how they repay them?!?!

I think this has more to do to with:
ATI will be releasing their RD600 set, while intel is focusing on broadwater and bearlake chipsets.

RD600

Broadwater

I'm suprised that the Inquirer didn't say that this was because of Amd buying Ati. :p 
July 18, 2006 12:20:33 AM

Quote:

Well, it is not me trolling, posting information that comes from unworthy sources, like the Inq. Further, it seems like second nature (expected reaction) from you to start using degoratory languange on newer or sr forum members whenever you are being pawned!

Yeah, that might be my spine over you! :wink:

I meant darn. The Inq comes across some real gems. I'm surprised they haven't ..... wait let me check .... released the story about the E4200. WHat is this pawned owned thing anyway? Are you used to people PURPOSELY lying to you?
July 18, 2006 12:22:50 AM

Quote:

I think this has more to do to with:
ATI will be releasing their RD600 set, while intel is focusing on broadwater and bearlake chipsets.

RD600

Broadwater

I'm suprised that the Inquirer didn't say that this was because of Amd buying Ati. :p 

I read about those the other day and they don't change the fact that ATi bailed Intel out of a SHORTAGE and should at least get two years at 10-20% shipped mobos.
July 18, 2006 12:24:39 AM

Quote:
Are you used to people PURPOSELY lying to you?

The more you post here, yes.
July 18, 2006 12:38:03 AM

abyss, stop being a tard. i never see you post anything worthwhile so shut up and stop chasing BM just to mock him. Your as bad as ycon.
July 18, 2006 12:49:21 AM

Quote:
abyss, stop being a tard. i never see you post anything worthwhile so shut up and stop chasing BM just to mock him. Your as bad as ycon.

I'm sorry.

If you want to make a personal statement here I'll briefly indulge you.

I and many others have attempted to engage several users in proper discussion. Scenarios for hardware developments have been put forward, discussions about pricing and different CPUs, what to upgrade to, where to go next.

The person in question, whenever faced with any direct question or serious facts either ignores the question or replies completely off topic with irrelevance and gross inaccuracies. Picture the day you got your first computer, wanted some advice and sought out a place like this. If you read some of the stuff posted here and belived it, frankly you would be hopping mad.

The whole scenario lowers the standard of the community and the site as a whole, yet sadly it is necessary as without any sort of rebuttal and presentation of real facts, the situation would be even worse. Hopefully it will all be un-necessary one day once the pollution ceases.

This place should be for discussion and help.

Have a look around and see what is posted here. Maybe you need to look a little clearer and objectively.

I learn a lot from some of the users here. Others it seem would try and deliberately get in the way of that sort of help coming their way. That is a huge shame, but hopefully those causes for concern will soon be removed.
July 18, 2006 1:03:07 AM

Really... If you read deeper into the threads you speak of, you will see the reason and maybe even understand the need to respond to certain posters in a harsh way. That is what you might be seeing here, imo that is... :wink: So you got it or not? :?:
July 18, 2006 1:04:58 AM

Quote:

Linkage!

It's the inquierer, unreputable and full of it sum up their reputation so who cares what they say.
July 18, 2006 1:27:16 AM

Quote:
Really... If you read deeper into the threads you speak of, you will see the reason and maybe even understand the need to respond to certain posters in a harsh way. Also, you have to take into account that this forum is mostly modderated by its peers, with actual mods making decisions patially from what we point out but generally they are very liberal which is how most prefer. And there comes a time when some posters are bad enough to ban on most sites, but here one might just slip by barely, yet that line was crossed far enough to get a stern response from the community. That is what you might be seeing here, imo that is... :wink: So you got it or not? :?:

You're NOT the boss of this forum. This is a CPU forum. I like to alk about CPUs. I'm sorry I don' need any help running MY OWN PC, but we won't get into that.

You shoul do what I do and separate your text into small sentences. This isn't a doctoral thesis.

I just am amazed that Intel ould totally remove ATi from in-house mobos. If you follow the industry you know that ATi bailed Intel ou tof a shortage.

But the I guess the IGP was so much better Intel didn't want to look bad anymore, I mean didn't want the different speed chipsets at the same price.
July 18, 2006 1:28:10 AM

Quote:
It would be a good move because maybe it would teach Intel not to take them for granted. Then if they want ATI back, charge more money. :p 

Or nvidia could just take their place.
July 18, 2006 1:30:05 AM

Quote:
If you follow the industry you know that ATi bailed Intel ou tof a shortage.

It was a low margin low end market that intel let ATi pick up the slack.
July 18, 2006 1:30:36 AM

I'm sorry, but your "policing" of the forum has just turned into high end name callling. He says anything about anything and you guys insult his manhood, or try to discredit him. Give it a rest.
July 18, 2006 1:32:20 AM

Ya but nvidia is already working with AMD
July 18, 2006 1:37:03 AM

Theres more money to be made with intel.
July 18, 2006 1:38:31 AM

Quote:

I just am amazed that Intel ould totally remove ATi from in-house mobos. If you follow the industry you know that ATi bailed Intel ou tof a shortage.

But the I guess the IGP was so much better Intel didn't want to look bad anymore, I mean didn't want the different speed chipsets at the same price.

Is ATI's Xpress 200 Chipset that Intel is\was using, certified for Vista? If not, that could explain why.
July 18, 2006 2:03:35 AM

So correct me if im wrong. The article states that intel branded boards will no longer use ati chipsets.

Why can't ati deal intel compatible chipsets to the enormous 3rd party motherboard market like nvidia does?

I see this news as a complete non-issue for ati.
July 18, 2006 2:45:48 AM

Exactly when in your post did you talk about CPU's?

Are you saying that Intel will not be using ATI CPU's which do not exists or are you just trying to find anyway to bash Intel?

If you want to talk CPU's then do so in this forum where it is intended, if you want to talk Video proceesors or chipsets there are forums where those items are discussed.

Why not keep quiet and let people just think you may be stupid rather than come here and post which removes all doubt.
July 18, 2006 2:46:32 AM

Exactly when in your post did you talk about CPU's?

Are you saying that Intel will not be using ATI CPU's which do not exists or are you just trying to find anyway to bash Intel?

If you want to talk CPU's then do so in this forum where it is intended, if you want to talk Video proceesors or chipsets there are forums where those items are discussed.

Why not keep quiet and let people just think you may be stupid rather than come here and post which removes all doubt.
July 18, 2006 4:10:37 AM

Maybe next time the news will be like this:

ATI in a desperate move, decides to create chipsets for Itanium2. They will also bundle video cards for every Itanium2 purchase. :lol: 
July 19, 2006 3:02:05 AM

Quote:
I read about those the other day and they don't change the fact that ATi bailed Intel out of a SHORTAGE and should at least get two years at 10-20% shipped mobos.

It might not be a good idea to bring this thread back but I thought I should add one more thing.

As it turns out Intel isn't leaving ATI hanging on their help over the chipset shortage.

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=6210

Quote:
It seems that for the first time ever, a 3rd party technology, that's not actually part of an Intel mainboard, has been referred to by Intel on one of its own product pages...

The technology in question is ATI's CrossFire, which can be run on certain motherboards without an ATI chipset, for example Intel's D975XBX. This board features, as the name suggests, the i975X chipset. Head on over to the specs page for the board and Intel have dropped in a mention for CrossFire.

Intel is crediting Crossfire with providing the "ultimate 3D gaming performance and visual quality". I guess AMD supports nVidia so Intel is going to give ATI a boost. Since the i975X is the only Intel chipset that supports Crossfire and it's getting a bit long in the tooth, the implication is that this is as close as your going to get to Intel endorsing ATI's RD600 and other Crossfire chipsets. Might not be the guaranteed 10-20% shipped motherboards that you want, but ATI should work for their money. And work a little easier too now with Intel's support.
July 19, 2006 3:16:54 AM

why bother with those igps when intel direct supports xfire? idk, thats up to u if u want to use inferior gfx chips

btw this belongs to the motherboard section of the forum.........geez u cant even get that rite
July 19, 2006 5:32:04 AM

Quote:

It might not be a good idea to bring this thread back but I thought I should add one more thing.

As it turns out Intel isn't leaving ATI hanging on their help over the chipset shortage.

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=6210

Quote:
It seems that for the first time ever, a 3rd party technology, that's not actually part of an Intel mainboard, has been referred to by Intel on one of its own product pages...

The technology in question is ATI's CrossFire, which can be run on certain motherboards without an ATI chipset, for example Intel's D975XBX. This board features, as the name suggests, the i975X chipset. Head on over to the specs page for the board and Intel have dropped in a mention for CrossFire.

Intel is crediting Crossfire with providing the "ultimate 3D gaming performance and visual quality". I guess AMD supports nVidia so Intel is going to give ATI a boost. Since the i975X is the only Intel chipset that supports Crossfire and it's getting a bit long in the tooth, the implication is that this is as close as your going to get to Intel endorsing ATI's RD600 and other Crossfire chipsets. Might not be the guaranteed 10-20% shipped motherboards that you want, but ATI should work for their money. And work a little easier too now with Intel's support.

Yeah right after I posted this I saw a story about how it wouldn't affect ATi revenue as I knew it wouldn't. But as Intel adopts CrossFire, Dell needs a rebranding of their high end XPS to sell the concept.

The $10,000 boxes that Dell sold very quick were SLI.

AMD is not promoting any GPU. That was the point of the post. Of course Intel couldn't just say screw you - without SOME deal. ATi is Rage 2 8MB IGP. Available on a server near you.

I just thought that it wouldn't hurt Intel's bottom line to license Core 2 for mobos so ATi at least would get a foot in without the promise of CrossFire in the future - for consumers.
!