Ra'Zhid

OK, I'm trying to get the Dwemer artifats back from Ra'Zhid. He
wouldn't admit anything, so I figure they're probably in the chest
behind him at lock level 75. There's no way I can do that lock this
early, so I taunted him into attacking me and took him out. Sure enough
there was a small key on his body. However, this key is not allowing me
to open the chest. What gives?

Waiving Fifth Amendment rights, John Baker expounded thusly:

> OK, I'm trying to get the Dwemer artifats back from Ra'Zhid. He
> wouldn't admit anything, so I figure they're probably in the chest
> behind him at lock level 75. There's no way I can do that lock this
> early, so I taunted him into attacking me and took him out. Sure enough
> there was a small key on his body. However, this key is not allowing me
> to open the chest. What gives?

Well, if he was still alive you could just barter with him, and see what
he has available :)

-mb

I think it's not good idea to kill Ra'Zhir, becourse he buy skoma and moon sugar without problems...

markB wrote:
> Waiving Fifth Amendment rights, John Baker expounded thusly:
>> OK, I'm trying to get the Dwemer artifats back from Ra'Zhid. He
>> wouldn't admit anything, so I figure they're probably in the chest
>> behind him at lock level 75. There's no way I can do that lock this
>> early, so I taunted him into attacking me and took him out. Sure
>> enough there was a small key on his body. However, this key is not
>> allowing me to open the chest. What gives?
>
> Well, if he was still alive you could just barter with him, and see what
> he has available :)

Persuasion is the only menu option available in the top portion of the
dialog option.

John Baker expounded thusly:

> markB wrote:

>>Well, if he was still alive you could just barter with him, and see what
>>he has available :)
>

> Persuasion is the only menu option available in the top portion of the
> dialog option.

Ooops! You are right. I was thinking of Mebestien Ence in Pelagiad,
for the Dwemer item quest for Thieves Guild.

-mb

John Baker wrote:
> OK, I'm trying to get the Dwemer artifats back from Ra'Zhid. He
> wouldn't admit anything, so I figure they're probably in the chest
> behind him at lock level 75. There's no way I can do that lock this
> early

There are two chests in that room, one with level 75 and another one
with a lower lock level suited for a beginner thief ...

The problem rather is to get the stuff unseen, which is pretty difficult
(or impossible for a beginner thief) with those two guys in the narrow
room. Fortunately the chest is close to the door and thieves ought to be
quick. :*)
Well, one can kill both guys there, but it isn't a Fighter Guild
bountyhunter quest, and that approach lacks style.

Peter

sarah

"Peter Strempel" <peterstrempel@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> The problem rather is to get the stuff unseen, which is pretty difficult
> (or impossible for a beginner thief) with those two guys in the narrow
> room. Fortunately the chest is close to the door and thieves ought to be
> quick. :*)

Yeah, you can just run if you're detected.

> Well, one can kill both guys there, but it isn't a Fighter Guild
> bountyhunter quest, and that approach lacks style.

This is my least favorite quest for the thieves guild. I always found it
hard to believe that a thief would try to open chests right under the nose
of another thieves guild member, especially when the thief is so green. One
of those times when I wished NPCs did have schedules so you could break in
at night and do the deed.

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 22:21:49 +0200, Peter Strempel
<peterstrempel@yahoo.com> wrote:

>John Baker wrote:
>> OK, I'm trying to get the Dwemer artifats back from Ra'Zhid. He
>> wouldn't admit anything, so I figure they're probably in the chest
>> behind him at lock level 75. There's no way I can do that lock this
>> early
>
>There are two chests in that room, one with level 75 and another one
>with a lower lock level suited for a beginner thief ...
>
>The problem rather is to get the stuff unseen, which is pretty difficult
>(or impossible for a beginner thief) with those two guys in the narrow
>room. Fortunately the chest is close to the door and thieves ought to be
>quick. :*)
>Well, one can kill both guys there, but it isn't a Fighter Guild
>bountyhunter quest, and that approach lacks style.

When I did this one, I used Chameleon, which gave me a head start at
opening the chest. However, once I got it open (which took a while)
Ra'Zhid caught me and attacked with hand-to-hand. I fought him
hand-to-hand until I knocked him out, then took the stuff and left.
The other guy in the room never did a thing.

Nyctolops

Josh

I took him out and found the stuff stashed in a basket (I think - Not the
trunk), but everyone hates you and you need to then bribe the "travel
agents" to transport you back - if you have not Marked Balmora.

J (I kill everything---)

"John Baker" <baker-j@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> OK, I'm trying to get the Dwemer artifats back from Ra'Zhid. He
> wouldn't admit anything, so I figure they're probably in the chest
> behind him at lock level 75. There's no way I can do that lock this
> early, so I taunted him into attacking me and took him out. Sure enough
> there was a small key on his body. However, this key is not allowing me
> to open the chest. What gives?

jase

John Baker wrote:
> OK, I'm trying to get the Dwemer artifats back from Ra'Zhid. He
> wouldn't admit anything, so I figure they're probably in the chest
> behind him at lock level 75. There's no way I can do that lock this
> early, so I taunted him into attacking me and took him out. Sure enough
> there was a small key on his body. However, this key is not allowing me
> to open the chest. What gives?

I started off doing the Blades quest where you have to go to the dwemer
ruins to retrieve a puzzle box, I also picked up the artifacts there for
the Thieves quest - they were accepted. I didn't bother with Ra'Zhid.
Just remember it's a square goblet not the rounded one.