Roaming Profiles

Is there a way to disable all roaming profile paths in AD. We will not be
using them next year. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

"mwcanton" wrote:
> Is there a way to disable all roaming profile paths in AD. We
> will not be
> using them next year. Any information would be greatly
> appreciated.

I believe that if you don’t specify a roaming profile path in the
users account under the profile path that it will not create a roaming
profile. However it will be the case that if the user hasn’t logged
in on a particular computer that they will be given a new
profile...not to mention that if you have to format that computer they
will lose the local copy. For us it’s much easier with roaming
profiles that way staff desktops always look the same..:) You
shouldn’t have to mess with folder redirection either.

I don’t think though, if you are saying that you currently have
roaming profiles and don’t want to us them next year, that there is a
way to do a batch job to remove them. Short of deleting all the user
accounts and recreating them anyway..:)

Mathew

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-Roaming-Profiles-ftopict542943.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1712099