Problems in BDC, DCPROMO is not working

Hi All,
Im new to Windows 2000 administration please help me out.

My Domain controller IP is 192.168.100.1, i have installed BDC server
with IP 192.168.100.2 with default gateway 192.168.100.1.
After few days we got to use terminal server with internet
connectivity, i have installed terminal services and default gateway i
have changed to 192.168.100.254 is my router LAN IP. i think from that
onwards is BDC is not replicating with PDC.
one day i wanted to de-promote BDC with DCPROMO with default gateway
254 which is belongs to Router not PDC. it started an halfway it
stopped with error message
"The operation failed because:
Failed finding a suitable domain controller for the domain
SCANDINAVIATZ.COM "The specified domain either not exist or could not
be connected"

Could any one help me out on this.

Thanks in advance.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-Problems-BDC-DCPROMO-working-ftopict541589.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1706271

Check you DNS settings on both boxes. ensure you have included the default
domain suiffix. also check your subnet mask as they should be on the same
subnet. The mask with your particular subnet should be 255.255.255.0

Regards

"Damisetty" wrote:

> Hi All,
> Im new to Windows 2000 administration please help me out.
>
> My Domain controller IP is 192.168.100.1, i have installed BDC server
> with IP 192.168.100.2 with default gateway 192.168.100.1.
> After few days we got to use terminal server with internet
> connectivity, i have installed terminal services and default gateway i
> have changed to 192.168.100.254 is my router LAN IP. i think from that
> onwards is BDC is not replicating with PDC.
> one day i wanted to de-promote BDC with DCPROMO with default gateway
> 254 which is belongs to Router not PDC. it started an halfway it
> stopped with error message
> "The operation failed because:
> Failed finding a suitable domain controller for the domain
> SCANDINAVIATZ.COM "The specified domain either not exist or could not
> be connected"
>
> Could any one help me out on this.
>
> Thanks in advance.

> Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-Problems-BDC-DCPROMO-working-ftopict541589.html