Roaming Profiles

Hello,

I have Roaming profiles implemented. Many users will delete files from
their desktop/my documents whether it's regular files or temp files. When
the reboot, they reappear. How can I get it to remove the files in the
profile, once a file is deleted from a profile it shouldn't be there anymore.
They are using the same computer when this is happening.

Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about roaming profiles

    "Gary S" <GaryS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have Roaming profiles implemented. Many users will delete files from
    > their desktop/my documents whether it's regular files or temp files. When
    > the reboot, they reappear. How can I get it to remove the files in the
    > profile, once a file is deleted from a profile it shouldn't be there
    anymore.
    > They are using the same computer when this is happening.

    That indicates they are actually getting the roaming profile
    but they are not updating it on logoff.

    Just shutting down the machine or putting it to sleep or pulling the
    net cable or pulling it out of the docking station are common causes.

    Read only shares or files on the server could cause it but I would
    focus on WHY doesn't the local cached copy go back to the server.

    (Also try making a change directly/manually on the server to prove
    they are getting the profile you Expect....

    --
    Herb Martin, MCSE, MVP
    Accelerated MCSE

    Thanks,

    I'll try to make sure that is what they are doing.

    Gary

    "Herb Martin" wrote:

    > "Gary S" <GaryS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I have Roaming profiles implemented. Many users will delete files from
    > > their desktop/my documents whether it's regular files or temp files. When
    > > the reboot, they reappear. How can I get it to remove the files in the
    > > profile, once a file is deleted from a profile it shouldn't be there
    > anymore.
    > > They are using the same computer when this is happening.
    >
    > That indicates they are actually getting the roaming profile
    > but they are not updating it on logoff.
    >
    > Just shutting down the machine or putting it to sleep or pulling the
    > net cable or pulling it out of the docking station are common causes.
    >
    > Read only shares or files on the server could cause it but I would
    > focus on WHY doesn't the local cached copy go back to the server.
    >
    > (Also try making a change directly/manually on the server to prove
    > they are getting the profile you Expect....
    >
    > --
    > Herb Martin, MCSE, MVP
    > Accelerated MCSE
    > http://www.LearnQuick.Com
    > [phone number on web site]

Roaming Profiles Active Directory Windows